Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Written off???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Written off???

So I pulled my monthly credit report from one of my services.  3 accounts that were included and paid in full under my CH 13 have changed the status from "pays as agreed" to "Petition for Chapter 13 Bankruptcy. $xxx written off."  They got their money...Is this something I can dispute?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Written off???

Anyone dealt with this?

Message 2 of 7
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

I had an auto loan that I paid through my plan do something like that. It really p'd me off because I paid for the car. I just added a personal statement to the record stating that the account was paid as agreed through the plan. It didn't make a difference on anything score wise, it just hurt my pride.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply.  Pride took a back seat to hard work during almost 4 years of paying the CH 13 off.  My monthly myfico report came up today and my fico 8 score jumped up to 629...28 points so I'm just going to go with it.

Message 4 of 7
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I pulled my monthly credit report from one of my services.  3 accounts that were included and paid in full under my CH 13 have changed the status from "pays as agreed" to "Petition for Chapter 13 Bankruptcy. $xxx written off."  They got their money...Is this something I can dispute?

Please clarify. The reporting states that the creditor wrote off some debt. You state that they got their money.

Did they receive 100% of the full amount owed by you or not? It cannot be both or something is amiss.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, the amount they received matched the balance on the account and amount they filed claim for.

Message 6 of 7
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

yes, the amount they received matched the balance on the account and amount they filed claim for.

In that case, I would dispute their reporting and tell them that you will consult an attorney and sue them for a violation of the discharge injunction.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.