cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Score Increase Post BK to 1st Card/s Reporting? And Missing Payment History Question

tag
pacem_et_libertatum
New Contributor

Your Score Increase Post BK to 1st Card/s Reporting? And Missing Payment History Question

Greetings, Friends!

I'm wondering if you would please share where your score started Post BK (with No Reporting Credit) and then what it increased to once you had your first card or cards report that first month?

I felt a bit like I was punched in the stomach earlier today when I got my 2nd Barclay's denial that indicated a score of 508. Smiley SurprisedSmiley SadSmiley Frustrated  Also, I thought maybe I'd misread my Discover denial score of 536 when it flashed on the screen & then disappeared, but apparently not as both Discover and Barclay use Fico 08 scoring (I believe).

I was quite disheartened until I realzied that Barclays was using a score from when I applied a month previously - when I had no credit at all.  

I have since opened Cap One Platinum 2K limit, Cap One Plat 3K limit & The Limited (comenity/store card) $250 limit.  All 3 are now reporting and my utilzation will be under 19%, and lowering the following month to < 9%. 

I am trying to gauge as much as possible what might be reasonable to expect as far as a possible increase in my score. 

Additionally, I reasearched quite a bit and know that my Credit Karma, Credit.com & Cap One CreditWise vantage 3.0 scores (?) are 'FAKOs'.  They are reporting as 676, 679 & 677.  I know there there isn't a way to really gauge how FICO scores compare to FAKOs, however, as I understand it *generally speaking* most see a score variance of 30-60 points.  And I realize my score had to have gone up a bit, so the variance won't be as much, but I'd like to get an idea of what to expect since I can't afford to pay for monitoring 'real FICO scores' at this point.

2ND QUESTION - 

On Credit Karma, there is a category that I *assume* is factoring into the scoring (which again I know is FAKO) that reads "Accounts Missing Payment History".  I have 7 of these and they are my CH7 BK accounts.  They are all showing closed, zero balance, etc.. but the 'months' that you would normally see paid on time/late are all gone & the notation of "No History To Report/Reported". 

Is this factoring into my score? If so I assume I need to dispute this.

Can I have my old history added back even if account is closed?  

Of course I probabaly woudn't dispute those accounts that might have had late/lates (maybe all of them?). 

Thank you for any input you might have on these issues!

PeL

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: Your Score Increase Post BK to 1st Card/s Reporting? And Missing Payment History Question

TU and EQ delete the payment history of IIB accounts.  Experian keeps the history.  You can't get it back, but for most people it's a benefit since they are not getting dinged for the late payments before filing.

You can subscribe to Credit Check Total for $1 and get all three of your real FICO 08 scores.  You have a week to cancel and not have to pay any more money.  So it's worth a buck.

Those FAKO scores are likely way too high.  Once you have three revolving cards, and hopefully an installment like a share secured loan, your scores should be in the 580 to 620 range.  After about a year if you don't open any more accounts have have new inquiries your scores should be up around 680 to 700, assuming you keep utilization to 1% to 3%.

My starting FICO scores were like 520 before opening new accounts.  I think I got 30 points for first card plus 20 points for the second card and maybe 10 points for a share secured installment. 

Message 2 of 5
pacem_et_libertatum
New Contributor

Re: Your Score Increase Post BK to 1st Card/s Reporting? And Missing Payment History Question

Thank you so much, CH7Rebuilding ~ your reply is so very helpful! 

I reread my post and oh my I'm surprised you understood what I was saying!  I'm so tired snd don't think I was super clear on what I was asking. 

The score improvement range you experienced seems in line at least with my fako increase of 17 points recently.  It was on Cap Ones CreditWise and actually, I don't think that even has fako status, lol!

I have saved your post to my credit improvement file.  Thanks again.  I really appreciate you taking the time to write and share all the info and your experience.  It feels good to get an idea of the process and a range of what is reasonable to see as one moves thru it.

Kind regards ~

PeL

Message 3 of 5
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

@pacem_et_libertatum wrote:

Thank you so much, CH7Rebuilding ~ your reply is so very helpful! 

I reread my post and oh my I'm surprised you understood what I was saying!  I'm so tired snd don't think I was super clear on what I was asking. 

The score improvement range you experienced seems in line at least with my fako increase of 17 points recently.  It was on Cap Ones CreditWise and actually, I don't think that even has fako status, lol!

I have saved your post to my credit improvement file.  Thanks again.  I really appreciate you taking the time to write and share all the info and your experience.  It feels good to get an idea of the process and a range of what is reasonable to see as one moves thru it.

Kind regards ~

PeL

FYI, the score provided on Cap One's site is  a FAKO score.  I believe they are now using Vantage 3, the same as Credit Karma and a bunch of other sites.

Message 4 of 5
Scupra
Super Contributor

You have 3 revolving TL's right now, which is what it takes to optimize your FICO. Stop applying for new cards and racking up inquiries. I would go hang out in the garden for 6-12 months and then re-evaluate the situation. Now would be a great time to set some credit goals and a rough outline for your near credit future.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.