Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amex au

tag
jim44
Established Contributor

Re: amex au

@Anonymous wrote:

Can I be added as an AU to my friends costco amex with a fresh bk? shes had it since 08 so im thinking it will help with AAoA, however shes got about 30% util right now so would it even be worth it? Also will it cost me an HP?

@ Supra, TRC_WA, ezdriver.  I though Costco was dropping AMEX and going with VISA?....  I may be mistaken? If so, would the original debtor's acct be closed and a VISA acct be opened with a new card issue date?  I remember when Best Buy MC went from Orchard to Capital One and then finally Citi.  There are 3 tradelines showing for the same card on my CRs.... with the first 2 closed of course. 

Message 11 of 12
Scupra
Super Contributor

Re: amex au

@jim44 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Can I be added as an AU to my friends costco amex with a fresh bk? shes had it since 08 so im thinking it will help with AAoA, however shes got about 30% util right now so would it even be worth it? Also will it cost me an HP?

@ Supra, TRC_WA, ezdriver.  I though Costco was dropping AMEX and going with VISA?....  I may be mistaken? If so, would the original debtor's acct be closed and a VISA acct be opened with a new card issue date?  I remember when Best Buy MC went from Orchard to Capital One and then finally Citi.  There are 3 tradelines showing for the same card on my CRs.... with the first 2 closed of course. 

You are correct here. Nobody knows how the transition will happen yet though.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.