cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone just complete a Chapter "20" and have credit problems???

tag
shellymeli

anyone just complete a Chapter "20" and have credit problems???

Hi everyone, I just completed a Chapter 13 and had a discharged Chapter 7 three months prior to my Ch 13 filing. Discharged 7 on 3-2005, filed a Ch 13 on 8-2006. Completed and closed my Ch 13 on 1-27-2012. Because of the 7 being discharged close to the opening of my Ch 13, I am not qualified for a discharge from it. This is making it extremely difficult to obtain a loan for a used car, which I need. Actually, no one wants to finance me without that discharged status. Anyone ever experience this or hear of this. I'm so frustrated. Thanks
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: anyone just complete a Chapter "20" and have credit problems???

I have heard of a "Ch 20" but never have seen how they report. What did you get when you finished your Ch 13 since you couldn't get an official discharge? Is there some letter or notification from the trustee that the Ch 13 was completed and the plan payments finished? What does your credit report say?

You might have to go somewhere for manual underwriting so the lender knows you are finished satisfactorily with your plan payments. You might want to try your CU or bank where you can actually sit down with a loan officer with your documentation. The first tradelines will be hard to get. Do you have any open cc's?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see it has been some time since your post.  I am currently in the same situation, what has happened to your credit and what did it show up on your credit report as?

Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I see it has been some time since your post.  I am currently in the same situation, what has happened to your credit and what did it show up on your credit report as?

welcome to My Fico Smiley Happy

This post is from 2012, the OP hasnt posted since 2013 and not been online since Dec last year. I am going to lock this thread. It would be to your advantage to start your own thread on this.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.