Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authorized user right after bk7

tag
JcT21
Frequent Contributor

authorized user right after bk7

sister filed chapter 7 bk.  still waiting on discharge papers.  she filed  mainly for credit card debt.  she has asked my parents to add her as a user.   will my parents be able to add her as an authorized user to their credit card accounts even if she filed on the banks my parents would be adding her to?   mainly discover, chase & capital one.     i was concerned about how that works being the authorized user filed on that paticular bank & whether or not adding her would cuase problems for my parents accounts.

thanks!

fico scores - March 2024:
TU - 727 | EX - 732 | EQ - 736 |
TCL - 168K - UTIL - less than 1%
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SusieQ
Regular Contributor

Re: authorized user right after bk7

They may or may not accept her as authorized user.      Depends on whether they pull her credit.

IMHO - if they are looking to help her, I would add her, but not give her a card.   This way she benefits from their credit history, but can do no damage to their cards with charges.

Message 2 of 3
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Re: authorized user right after bk7

I know AMEX will not allow an AU for someone that burned them in BK or has otherwise created a derogatory status with them.  I am now an AU on someones Disco and I burned them during BK.  I am also AU on someones Citi but I dont think Citi cares one way or the other.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.