Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bk question

tag
wissam
Contributor

bk question

so after filing my bk and before credit meeting most of my cards start close the acounts with 0 balance 

does it mean they would not try to fight my bk case ?

and they just gave up and close accounts?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
daveg38
Established Contributor

Re: bk question

Well, you're semi-correct.

Items included in bankruptcy cannot report as having an open balance. So most items will say "IIB, $0, closed".

In terms of fighting your discharge, nobody usually shows up because the costs of flying attorneys or representatives across the country to attend bankruptcy meetings all day far outweigh what people owe.

That's not to say nobody every won't show up...just make sure your able to verbally prove insolvency (proof your broke) if asked, and you'll be fine. Bring ID and SS card to 341 meeting, show up a little early.

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 2 of 14
wissam
Contributor

What about the objection ?
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wissam wrote:
What about the objection ?

What objection are you referring to?

Message 4 of 14
wissam
Contributor

i mean if creditor want to object on his debt

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just because he objects doesn't mean it will be allowed. In most cases, unless they feel you have defrauded them, then they just let it go. Don't worry or focus on the what-ifs, enjoy this time. You no longer have to worry about answering the phone or the door. You only have to pay the bills that sustain your life. Breathe a little while and then focus on how you will rebuild.

Good luck.

Message 6 of 14
wissam
Contributor

well 

thanks a lot Smiley Happy taht is helpful Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 14
wissam
Contributor

i have a cncern about i lied in my aplication with some creditors when i applied about my income . but it was just verbal or online i never submited fake documents to any one. i heared about it will eb fraud but my lawyer said do not worry since u did not send a fake paper and the credit line u were approved was low and not very high . i make about 52000$ a year and the highest line i was approved for with fake income was 5000$ . 

i think about it every each day even my lawyer said d nt worry 

Message 8 of 14
daveg38
Established Contributor

@wissam wrote:

i have a cncern about i lied in my aplication with some creditors when i applied about my income . but it was just verbal or online i never submited fake documents to any one. i heared about it will eb fraud but my lawyer said do not worry since u did not send a fake paper and the credit line u were approved was low and not very high . i make about 52000$ a year and the highest line i was approved for with fake income was 5000$ . 

i think about it every each day even my lawyer said d nt worry 

I think you're reading too far into things.

In all actuality, your income (stated) matters about 1/15th in terms of credit card approval. How you handle credit, payment history, mix of credit and other smaller factors play into how much credit you get.  Sure, you won't get much making $25,000 a year, but then again, you couldn't afford much, either.

Just relax and enjoy your new found freedom.

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 9 of 14
wissam
Contributor

Thanks for you answers 

i wish u good luck with ur case too Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.