cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I apply for same cc that was on my bankruptcy?

tag
aero21
New Visitor

can I apply for same cc that was on my bankruptcy?

I am 2 years post bankruptcy. I want to apply for a macys card but the problem is macys was one of the cards I had during bankruptcy. And yes I had a balance on it not sure how much maybe around $200 or a little less. I also want to apply for a barclays card which was also part of bk. I have 2 cards right now a Walmart card $300 and capitalone $1250 had the cap1 card for about a year and a half and Walmart less than a year. My macys card had a cl of $6000. Any help would be good thabks.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: can I apply for same cc that was on my bankruptcy?

@aero21 wrote:
I am 2 years post bankruptcy. I want to apply for a macys card but the problem is macys was one of the cards I had during bankruptcy. And yes I had a balance on it not sure how much maybe around $200 or a little less. I also want to apply for a barclays card which was also part of bk. I have 2 cards right now a Walmart card $300 and capitalone $1250 had the cap1 card for about a year and a half and Walmart less than a year. My macys card had a cl of $6000. Any help would be good thabks.

I think it is way too soon to apply for Barclays again since they seem to have a pretty good memory with BKs. 

Message 2 of 4
aero21
New Visitor

Ok cool but what about macys? Im looking for a card that will actually give me more credit after a few years. From what I've heard capital one doesn't give good increases. They've given me 1 so far.
Message 3 of 4
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

why would you want a macys card?

if you really want one, I would call them and talk to them about it.  

maybe if you paid the old balance off, they would reissue.

otherwise, I would apply for another capital one card like quicksilver.

see my sig.  

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.