Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cap1 cc cli

tag
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Re: cap1 cc cli

does the balance need to be zero when requesting cli? 

Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

The balance does not have to be zero. I got a Cap 1 platinum fresh out of BK7 with a $300 sl. I hit the cli button about 10 times and about day 62 received an increase to $400. I tried a couple of times since but get a notice that says only once per 6 months. Next increase will be after the 5th statement and per email should be to $800. I run about $600 a month through that card and make a payment about 3 times a month, leaving about 9% when the statement cuts and then pif. I apped for and received a Quicksilver one a couple weeks ago and got it with a $1000 sl. I would guess yours will be about the same. It's a slow process. Good luck in your rebuild.

Message 22 of 27
SSH0126
Established Contributor

how long do you leave the balance 0 before paying in full?
Message 23 of 27
SSH0126
Established Contributor

I meant before using it again
Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

My statement date is the 19th of each month. I pay it down to about 9% on about the 15th and then the statement hits 3 days later. I start using it again a couple days after that. I will probably sock drawer the platinum card until my credit steps increase and then call about rolling it into my Quicksilver one. I will now do the same thing with my new Quicksilver so I can rack up the rewards. Hope this helps.

Message 25 of 27
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Yes thank you.
Message 26 of 27
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Well it is credit steps. I recived an email today stating that after 5 payments they will up it from 300 to 500 -_-

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.