cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

car loan before discharge

tag
jazzebre

car loan before discharge

I am in desperate need of a new car before my ch 7 discharges. The car I currently have is barely making it so I am giving it up in the bk. are there any places that will finance me before my discharge. I can't rent, borrow, catch a ride to work, or use public transportation to get to work.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: car loan before discharge

There are a lot of places that will do that for you, but your interest rate is going to be sky high. I know as soon as our BK7 was Public Record we started getting mail from a number of car dealers offering to sell us a car. Be careful and good luck!

Message 2 of 3
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: car loan before discharge

Do you have some money that you can buy a beater for cash until your credit is rebuilt? If no, then go visit a few used car dealers and see what they may have for you. The answer to your question is yes, you can always find a way to finance a car ... but it will cost you interes rates in the 20% range. Many dealers have a minimum under which they will not offer financing. What is your price target?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.