Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

car loan

tag
terebe65
Established Member

car loan

Hello, I filed for chap 7 and it should be discharged tomorrow. I reaffirmed my car loan with Honda financial services. Will I be able to take out another car loan to refinance the Honda? Please help...
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Comet21
Regular Contributor

Re: car loan

You will get tons of offers in the mail for auto loan offers. I don not know if you will be able to lower your rate with Honda. You are not in a position of power after reaffirming the debt. I too reaffirmed my car loan after Ch. 7, so I know what you are going through. How many months are remaining on your loan? Mine was under 12 months so that is why I reaffirmed and I did not want to risk losing my vehicle that I had been paying on for 4+ years.

Starting Score: TU 477 EQ 533 BK 1/27/2012
Current Score: EX 702 TU 681 EQ 652 1/10/2014
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 5
terebe65
Established Member

Same here. I have been paying for 4 years and I will be done paying June 2013. Thank u for ur feedback. How is your rebuilding so far?
Message 3 of 5
Comet21
Regular Contributor

So far pretty good. It seems like our scores have shot up VERY quickly. I hope they do not plateau on us here soon. You can see below. My wifes scores are a 10+ better than mine. You can see below.

Starting Score: TU 477 EQ 533 BK 1/27/2012
Current Score: EX 702 TU 681 EQ 652 1/10/2014
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
terebe65
Established Member

i tried assessing me credit report and it wont let me. anybody knows why?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.