Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chapt 7, waiting on discharge

tag
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: chapt 7, waiting on discharge

"Also, if your cheap car is working fine, why would you be in a hurry to buy a new one?"

Great question that everyone struggling with rebuilding credit should ask themselves. I did. My decision was to buy [for cash] a 1993 Buick Roadmaster after haveing driven Porsche 911s for years. It was strange driving that boat for a while but then I started to feel that it was cool and it got a lot a peoples' attention. When I went to register the Roadmaster, the DMV guy [who knew me wll] said to me "Man ...I know there's got to be a story behind this but I will not ask.". My reply was "Rebuilding my credit has become more important to me than the type or car that I drive." Now I own and drive two beautiful Mercedes ... one paid cash for and the other financed and I plan to drive both for many years to come.

If it is the right thing to do, then it is the cool thing to do. That's my motto now.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.