Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chapter 7 with recent credit card charges

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

chapter 7 with recent credit card charges

Considering the following, what would happen with these if I filed for ch7 soon? Do I need to wait?

I have one card that has all my gas, groceries and utilities charged to it over the last several months and only the minimum payment made on it. I've charged several thousand dollars in regular living expenses over the last 6 months. Maybe about $50 in a store that wasn't a necessicity was charged to this card about a month ago. I'm still using this card every day for everyday living expenses, mostly food for my family.

I have another card with about $650 in charges over the last 90 days, and I've paid some of it, I owe about $550 now on this card now and I am current on it.

I have yet another credit card where I did a balance transfer about a month ago to get a 0% interest offer. I am making my payments and current. The balance is pretty large and the transfer was pretty large.

With the above card's transfer, I was able to pay off one card, so it is now at $0. I have a few others at $0 also.

I have again another card with about $500 on it, making minimum payments and current.

And I have a huge balance on one card and have not charged much on it recently and am now 30 days behind on it.

I can probably afford all my bills again if I just quit paying all this interest. But I cannot quit using these credit cards while I am still paying all this interest because I do not have enough income to do both.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
washpadude
Regular Contributor

Re: chapter 7 with recent credit card charges

I think your situation is typical. I don't see anything unusual or any reason you would have to wait. Most of us had reached the point of living on credit before filing.
BK CH7 Discharged 03/2015
FICO8 EQ-657 TU-657 EX-665
Revolving credit lines 125k.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.