Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

collections section on credit report?

tag
annah
Contributor

collections section on credit report?

I have 2 old collections that were included in BK that are showing under the seperate collections section. Is there any reason that they can't actually report them as collections, or am I just stuck with them on there?

Thanks,
Anna
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: collections section on credit report?

That's where collections usually fall, although for some reason certain CAs are sticking them in the regular accounts section lately which IMHO is preferable. 

If these 2 CA TLs are reporting accurately, you can still GW the CA and see if they will remove.

If they are not reporting accurately and IIB, you can dispute (might delete, might update correctly) or write the creditor and let them know they are to remove that incorrect information as they are liable for costs and sanctions in violation of the BK code.  They might delete and they might (legally) update to report accurately as IIB.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.