Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit report information

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit report information

I filed a chapter 7 in 01 and then a chapter 13 in 04 (dismissed) and then refiled in 05.  The 05 chapter 13 is about to be over!!  So last night I pulled my 3 credit reports for free.  Haven't pulled in a couple of years.  Anyways, as one would suspect there is alot of wrong information HOWEVER a lot of it is due to fall off in 08 even though it was included in my 01 chapter 7.  What should I do, should I ask it to be IIB or should I leave well enough alone and let about 10 negative accounts just fall off my credit report?  And will they fall off automatically.  Some are due to come off in March and the rest in May?  Thanks all. 
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: credit report information

rrockinggramma wrote:
I filed a chapter 7 in 01 and then a chapter 13 in 04 (dismissed) and then refiled in 05.  The 05 chapter 13 is about to be over!!  So last night I pulled my 3 credit reports for free.  Haven't pulled in a couple of years.  Anyways, as one would suspect there is alot of wrong information HOWEVER a lot of it is due to fall off in 08 even though it was included in my 01 chapter 7.  What should I do, should I ask it to be IIB or should I leave well enough alone and let about 10 negative accounts just fall off my credit report?  And will they fall off automatically.  Some are due to come off in March and the rest in May?  Thanks all. 

They should fall off automatically just keep a copy of the report with thecurrent due by dates.

Message 2 of 4
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Accounts included in bankruptcy fall off the report 7 years from the bankruptcy filing date. A dismissed chapter 13 stays on the reprot for 10 years. A chapter 13 that is discharged stays on the report for 7 years as long as you finish the plan and make all paymenst on time.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would just keep monitoring it. I believe they have the option of keeping the BK on for 10 years, but if specific items are due to drop off soon, I would watch and wait for them to drop. If they don't follow through, I'd contact them then.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.