New Visitor
nanna

credit

I have been lurking in the shadows here :smileyhappy: Finding out lots of information. I was just wondering for those of you that are in a chapter 13 and you are getting credit cards or trying to, are you actually aloud to do this. I am in a chapter 13(one more year and 2 months to go :smileyvery-happy:) and we were told we were not allowed to have any credit  or credit cards what-so-ever!!.  This whole process has been very hard on us!! My husband is retired..but I do work. Our income is probably right around $42,000. and I have 253.00 taken out of my pay every other week. Our car is a decent car, but needs work done it, and we don't even have enough for that. Oh well enough for the pity party. I was really just wondering how some of you are getting credit while in chapter 13 ? ..Maybe some states are different. I am in Ohio. Thanks for the replys.

Contributor
Poorboi

Re: credit

I'm from Illinois, I did it without knowing, I was only approved for secured cards. I later mention to my attorney and he said i wasn't supposed to do that. He told me I need to have a judge and the trustee approve first. I also got approved for a car loan while under 13. The dealer toldname to go get this bill of sale signed by my lawyer. He denied, and I had a perfect payment for over four years.   Ijs

Contributor
ProudMomof5

You had a perfect payment history and the judge still denied you.  Wow!  I want to purchase a house next year and I hope they don't tell me I can't purchase. 

Contributor
Poorboi

That's rite! He told me to use public transportation. He also said whatevermoney I had saved for a car should be put towards paying my case off, so that what I did.  I had never missed a payment

Regular Contributor
StartingLifeOver

I'm in North Carolina and my lawyer said I could start right away.  I was told trustee permission is only required for amounts over $1000.  Rules are different in every state and even different counties....it just depends.  I received permission to buy a car last year.  

NFCU Cash Rewards $14,000/FNBO Platinum $4,600/Best Buy Citibank $2,500/Care Credit $7,600/TJ Maxx $600/Neiman Marcus $3500/Saks5thAve $2250

Starting Score: 426 Ch. 13 BK Filed Sep 2009; Discharged Jan 2013 :smileyhappy:
Current Score: TU 706 EQ FICO 701 EX 704
Goal Score: 720

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}