Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit

I have been lurking in the shadows here Smiley Happy Finding out lots of information. I was just wondering for those of you that are in a chapter 13 and you are getting credit cards or trying to, are you actually aloud to do this. I am in a chapter 13(one more year and 2 months to go Smiley Very Happy) and we were told we were not allowed to have any credit  or credit cards what-so-ever!!.  This whole process has been very hard on us!! My husband is retired..but I do work. Our income is probably right around $42,000. and I have 253.00 taken out of my pay every other week. Our car is a decent car, but needs work done it, and we don't even have enough for that. Oh well enough for the pity party. I was really just wondering how some of you are getting credit while in chapter 13 ? ..Maybe some states are different. I am in Ohio. Thanks for the replys.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Poorboi
Contributor

Re: credit

I'm from Illinois, I did it without knowing, I was only approved for secured cards. I later mention to my attorney and he said i wasn't supposed to do that. He told me I need to have a judge and the trustee approve first. I also got approved for a car loan while under 13. The dealer toldname to go get this bill of sale signed by my lawyer. He denied, and I had a perfect payment for over four years.   Ijs

Message 2 of 5
ProudMomof5
Contributor

You had a perfect payment history and the judge still denied you.  Wow!  I want to purchase a house next year and I hope they don't tell me I can't purchase. 

Message 3 of 5
Poorboi
Contributor

That's rite! He told me to use public transportation. He also said whatevermoney I had saved for a car should be put towards paying my case off, so that what I did.  I had never missed a payment

Message 4 of 5
StartingLifeOver
Regular Contributor

I'm in North Carolina and my lawyer said I could start right away.  I was told trustee permission is only required for amounts over $1000.  Rules are different in every state and even different counties....it just depends.  I received permission to buy a car last year.  

NFCU Cash Rewards $16,100/FNBO Platinum $9.100/Best Buy Citibank $2,500/Care Credit $7,600/TJ Maxx $1000/Neiman Marcus $7000/Saks5thAve $2500

Starting Score: 426 Ch. 13 BK Filed Sep 2009; Discharged Jan 2013 Smiley Happy
Current Score: TU 706 EQ FICO 701 EX 704
Goal Score: 720

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.