cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creditor reposted derog on my credit AFTER ch7??? thoughts?

tag
cabarkeep
New Contributor

creditor reposted derog on my credit AFTER ch7??? thoughts?

Hi long story short,

had a real estate loan 80/20 with Saxon/Ocwen since 05

house plummeted in value bought for 480k currently worth 213k

Household income went down approx 10k a few years ago and it took 2 years but we finally got Saxon to do loan mod ... first loan from 2831 to 1831 ... we agreed .. everything notorized on both sides everything was fine for 2 years!

However, SAXON DID NOT EVER correct our credit reports ... they kept saying we are swamped ..we will get to it just have patience . mind you it took 2 years to get the loan mod done ..and then this is 2 years AFTER it had been done ... WE WERE NEVER LATE .... my credit was damaged terribly ... score 755 down to 530's .... i finally had enough and I bk'd ... Ch7 ....

I have since then started rebuilding credit ... 1 orchard card 300 lim and then shortly afterwards a Barclays card 1250 .... after about 6 months since bk I pulled my scores and noted that my scores plummeted again!  I then noted that OCWEN (the second mort who was also included in BK) had began reporting me 120 days late for the past two months!!!

I thought this was illegal?   Is there anything I can do to these scumbags?  I disputed it on Experian and they changed the reporting to included in Bk and my score went up immediately about 40pts ...

To make matters worse Saxon decided to tell me that i was 2 months down on mortgage (I am current and have all records) so they would not let me make my current payment saying that it would be divided up to pay fees/penalties for the "missing" payments and anything left would be applied to the oldest outstanding payment!  What the heck!

They asked for proof and I provided it and they said our bank statements were inconclusive that we are still late 3 payments!  OMG ... they are proceeding with forclosure now .... if this is not totally illegal!   If i was not 250k upside down I would try and help my fiance save this house but you talk about Saxon and Ocwen being completely theives!  I wish someone could take these guys to court and make an example of them!

Sorry for venting ...

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

Re: creditor reposted derog on my credit AFTER ch7??? thoughts?

That sounds horrible. I don't have any advice other than getting a lawyer.

Good luck!!!!!

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 2 of 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Have you sent a RESPA letter to Ocwen?

Search for a good one...I have one at aother site I visit if you want to pm me for the site.

Message 3 of 6
chasmith
Valued Contributor

What state are you in?  I would go immediately to my state Attorney General, this is foreclosure abuse similar to what cost the big 5 servicers $20 billion...

It might also interest a consumer attorney on a contingent fee basis...

BK7 Filed 8/11/2009 Discharged 11/23/2009. Purchased new home 4/11/2012
Starting Score:11/16/2009 EQ 566 11/16/2009 TU 538
Interim Score: 12/27/2012 EQ 683 09/17/2012 EX (lender) 670 1/01/2013 TU 701
Current Score: 11/06/2013 EQ 708 11/06/2013 EX 702 11/16/2013 702 11/06/2013 TU 729
Goal Score: EQ 740 EX 740 TU 740
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
granny031350
Established Contributor

contact the Better Business Bureau and the FTC to file complaints.     Also look around for a mortgage regulator in your state or in the state office  and file a complaint with them. 

Message 5 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Hi granny!

I noticed you seem to be having some trouble posting. It is possible to edit your own post if you have posted an incomplete message. To edit your post, go to the post. To the right you'll see "Options." Click on "Options" and select "Edit Message" from the drop-down menu.  If you have accidentally posted a duplicate message, you can use the “Report Abuse to a Moderator” link to asking the moderation team to remove one for you. To find this link, go to the duplicate post, click on "Options," then select "Report Abuse to a Moderator" from the drop-down menu. If you need any help with anything, let me know.  Thanks for your contribution to the FICO Forums!

--fused, myfico moderator

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.