Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

discharged creditors doing soft pulls of CR & TransUnion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

discharged creditors doing soft pulls of CR & TransUnion

My Ch 7 discharge was in June of this year (2015). Is it normal for creditors that were discharged to do soft pull inquiries on my CR (3 and 4 months after the fact)? So far I've only seen this on my TU CR.

I only noticed it on my TU report because I'm trying to get one of the accounts that was discharged to report correctly - this account reports correctly on Equifax and Experian.

It's a BoA credit card. On the TU report it shows derog/Ch 7 discharge, but it's still being reported as an open account. TU is a pain in my rear to get anything corrected and practically want an act of Congress to do so.

Any corrections I've requested with Equifax and Experian were done rather quickly and painless - YMMV of course.

For those that are interested, my pre-discharge myFICO scores were in the 590 range (all 3 bureaus), post discharge and using 2 secured credit cards wisely (yes, I know secured..) One card is the Cap1 Secured MC $900 CL (paid the $49 'fee') and a savings secured VISA from a local CU with $350 CL

my current scores are (as of 10/2015):

EQ: 632

EX: 613

TU: 610

I never want to go down this road again - stupid mistakes before the thought of ch 7; anxiety, stress and guilt during BK and now nothing but calm post-discharge. Life lesson well learned. In 12 to 18 months I'll see about getting an unsecured CC.

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: discharged creditors doing soft pulls of CR & TransUnion

A discharged credit card debt should be reported as IIB and $0 balance. If it is not being reported that way, ask your attorney [assuming that you used one] to write a letter to the credit and demand that the tradeline report be corrected immediately. Alternative, you could also write that letter and advice them that a compaint will be made for their "violation with inaccurate post-discharge reporting".

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.