Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

discharged, now need sure approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

discharged, now need sure approvals

Just got discharged 2 days ago. I heard of some getting back in with Cap1 right away, but didnt work for me.

What are my best options for approval? Hoping to stay away from the expensive cards if i can. But I know I might need to to get me started.

What about store cards? Any that might take me in right after discharge?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Datx
Valued Contributor

Re: discharged, now need sure approvals

Nothing is a sure approval. But you may try reading the below thread for BK friendly creditors

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/Bankruptcy-Friendly-Credit-Cards-Pt-2/td-p/3999737

Message 2 of 9
Pway
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the discharge.  Have you looked over your reports to make sure that everything is updated to reflect the bk.  I understand the anticipation of apping for cards but make sure your reports reflect.  Have you read the thread bk discharge to 700 in 24 months.  If you have not here is the link: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/HOW-TO-From-BK7-discharge-to-700-in-24-months-or-less/td-...

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definetly make sure your credit is cleaned up like the others have said. I've read on the threads that people have had good luck using the Credit Karma pre qualifier tool to get cards, sort of a work around. You could try that. If you aren't a member of Navy Fed you can try them as well, as people seem to be able to get $500 CL right out of the gate.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just got discharged 2 days ago. I heard of some getting back in with Cap1 right away, but didnt work for me.

What are my best options for approval? Hoping to stay away from the expensive cards if i can. But I know I might need to to get me started.

What about store cards? Any that might take me in right after discharge?

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Happy .............Try some of this... http://cardsmix.com/easy-to-get-cards

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

i'm a newbie so I needed this info as well!

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got discharged 4/19. Had some cleaning up to do on my report. Took about 2 weeks.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Secured card seems to be as close to a sure thing as any. I got one with an active BK even before discharge.

Message 8 of 9
Cheryla18
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Capital One Secured card seems to be as close to a sure thing as any. I got one with an active BK even before discharge.

Were they included in your BK?

Cheryl

Current as of 3/21/18 EQ 609 TU 619 EX 628
Discharge 7/2016 Ch 7 BK
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.