Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

filed chapter 7 and discharged and now repoing car

tag
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: filed chapter 7 and discharged and now repoing car

If you have your discharge, then dispute it with the three CBs. You may have to upload a copy of your petition schedule with it listed - but you should have no issue getting it fixed.

With that said - you can go ahead and surrender without it fixed if you want (it's not mandatory) because if they do botch it and say it was a voluntary repo, you can hire a consumer finance attorney to fix it as it is a violation of the BK discharge order. (This would cost you zero because your attorney's fees would be paid by the creditor and you'd get $1000).
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. I will just surrender it and see my credit report after a month and see what it will say. I will dispute it or call my bankruptcy attorney if anything else appears on it.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Double post..

Message 13 of 19
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Good call. Good luck.

It was stressful for me - since one of the cars had damage and never knew if they would come after me to get it fixed. Thankfully, that never happened.

Keep us posted.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: filed chapter 7 and discharged and now repoing car (UPDATED)

Here is the update.

The lender had a recovery tow came and tow my car on August 7. Fast forward to today, I just received a email alert from Experian that says: Credit Acceptance Corp has flagged your account as Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Discharged. Below the alert it also says, Payment Status Balance: Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Discharged 8/14/14 $0. So would this pretty much say I am not reliable for any left over or don't owe anything no more?

Message 15 of 19
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Here is the update.

The lender had a recovery tow came and tow my car on August 7. Fast forward to today, I just received a email alert from Experian that says: Credit Acceptance Corp has flagged your account as Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Discharged. Below the alert it also says, Payment Status Balance: Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Discharged 8/14/14 $0. So would this pretty much say I am not reliable for any left over or don't owe anything no more?

I think you mean LIABLE ... and no, you are not liable for any debt discharged in a bankruptcy case.

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol what the heck.. should of double checked my spelling. Good to know i wont be hook with any of the left over debt.

Message 17 of 19
Taoron
Frequent Contributor

I had my car repo'd last year, before my bankruptcy.  It was just a really bad loan I got into and even though I was paying $330+ /mn the balance never went down.  They were charging 25% APR at least on that car loan.

Not exactly the best loan, and I would never buy a car with an APR like that again.  Horrible horrible horrible.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

25% is too much.. even though mines was only 17% the car was worth a lot less then what i owe. My father in law is signing my next car.. because i know the apr will just eat me up. Terrible move by me as well..
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.