Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

filing bk separately

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

filing bk separately

hello so me and my husband are contemplating filing and he has about $25k intax debt and collections....also we have about 33k in mortgage debt...is it a way that he can file for hs tax debt and the whole mortgage debt or would I have to file as well? Except for the mortgage, I have no cc debt (all paid to 0 bal) and no paid collections

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: filing bk separately

What state do you live in?

Is the mortgage joint?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes we are on the mortgage jointly. Is there any way that I could file bk for the
Mortgage and nothing else because I don't want to loose my cc that are in very good standing. Oh and we are in Maryland
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

We were told that both parties on the mortgage had to file, and all debts must be included.

Are you looking at a CH 13 or a CH 7?

I'm a big believer in checking in with a BK attorney or two.  In our area, they typically do a free consultation.  Make a list of your questions, a one page overview of your finances, and you'll walk out with a much better idea of what you qualify for, and how it will impact you.  Makes for better sleep at night if you know your options and what's required.  Totally helpful!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.