Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

got a collection company to delete all of their accounts

tag
freerunningmn
Established Member

got a collection company to delete all of their accounts

I recently was discharged 5/15/13 from bk7, all the old medical collections are held by one company (DCI credit services), and they reported all the acounts IIB $0 Bal but said that as of June 2013 they are all 90+days past due with negative indicators on all 26 accounts. I sent an intent to sue letter, and i received a phone call yesterday stating that they are going to delete all accounts so they won't be on my credit report anymore. So the only thing that will show in accounts at all will be my credit card post bk7, my old car loan from 2004 which is still report (paid as agreed $0 bal), and one medical collection that was iib. my current scores are 478 ex, 509 eq with those accounts still showing, when they are deleted, will my score jump up at all or will it have little to no affect?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Royzo

Re: got a collection company to delete all of their accounts

Collection accounts and failure to pay comments are the worse records to have on your credit report.  Any reduction or elimination of failure to pays and collection accounts should raise your score considerably.

Starting Score: 562-October 2012 (BK discharged)
Current Score: 647
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.