Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

got approved first credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

got approved first credit card

After discharge on June 2014, i just got approved first credit card (no annual fee) from Merric Bank Visa. 2 months ago i also got approved a store credit for 6k. my score shows 694 on Transunion. This makes me feel good for building my credit back sooner than i thouhgt it would take. 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: got approved first credit card

That's great! Was your score a true Fico score pulled from here, or did you go to the TU site and buy the score with report? Regardless, congrats in your rebuild, and ill suggest.... Read read read before doing anything else and do your reasearch on these forums for rebuilding! Lots of people here who have rebuilt and have tins of knowledge! Post questions, and readSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 12
Wizdog1
Regular Contributor

So happy for you. I just got approved tonight for my first card, Discover IT 1500.00 limit. Trans Union score 641, bk discharged 9/15/14. My mortgage with Wells Fargo no longer reports but my auto loan and visa with credit union continue to report.

Message 3 of 12
Wizdog1
Regular Contributor

By the way it was transunion Fico 641. Thank you to everyone that contributes to the forum, a world of info.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

the score 694 ,  i posted earlier was from creditkarma.com, however i looked that The Fico score on my credit card's web site it was shown 640. Still i am just happy that i actually got a credit card w/o any annual fee. and i did read the terms very carefully and there wasnt anything unusual outrages...

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 6 of 12
LynGene
New Contributor

Awesome!  Woohoo!!

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrat  i try to get discovery card is was denial two time  pull equafax

Message 8 of 12
Scupra
Super Contributor

Wizdog1 you must tell me your secret to get Discover to pull TU! Haha congrats
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 9 of 12
Wizdog1
Regular Contributor

So sorry, Discover pulled Equifax not transunion. It was my Fico that alerted me eq 619. Cl 1500.00, card arrived within a week.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.