Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hearing date for BK7

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

hearing date for BK7

Just filed yesterday and recieved my hearing date for Nov. 25th.  I don't think I have ever been more nervous about anything in my life.  I spent a longtime coming to this decision so I know it is the right one.  Thanks to everyone for all your helpful posts.  Hopefully I can do the same for someone else.  Besides the financial management course is there anything else I need to be doing before that time.  Thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Re: hearing date for BK7

@Anonymous wrote:

Just filed yesterday and recieved my hearing date for Nov. 25th.  I don't think I have ever been more nervous about anything in my life.  I spent a longtime coming to this decision so I know it is the right one.  Thanks to everyone for all your helpful posts.  Hopefully I can do the same for someone else.  Besides the financial management course is there anything else I need to be doing before that time.  Thanks

Nov. 25th - is that for your Creditor's Hearing? That was fast. Do't be nervous about that, rarely does anyone show up, just you, your attorney & the Trustee. Just takes a few minutes. Don't feel badly about letting the law help you get a new start. Financial management course should be all there is, I did mine online & it was a breeze.

All the best

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the encouragment.  Yes my attorney contacted me today with the November 25th date.  

Message 3 of 9
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Was your case based off the income threshold or the means test.

Is your case a no asset or asset case?
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is a no assest case.

Message 5 of 9
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

There will be five questions and you'll be out in a minute.

Our court started at 9am, we were first, and out by 9:01. It was insane. We then went and did our Christmas shopping when we were done last year.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks thats good to know.  Just gave me a sigh of relief.  How long did it take for your discharge after your hearing.

Message 7 of 9
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

It went to the 60 days without any objections. My local BK district processes discharges once a month and I missed it by a few days so it would have been about three weeks - but I called to ask and the clerk got it done that day.

Be prepared for it to take a few weeks to a month once the last day for creditor objection is (60 days from 341 hearing).
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 8 of 9
Duke84
Regular Contributor

Just confirm your classes are done. The hearing will go by very quickly. Maybe ask some questions about what you do and your attorney will address issues as they come up. If no assets, you will be out very quickly. When it's over, it's a matter of waiting for the discharge.

Best of luck to you!
Starting Score: EQ: 537, TU: 488, EX: 558 (8/2014)
Current F8 Score: EQ: 733, TU: 734, EX: 709 (4/2023)

Current Cards:

Store Cards:
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.