Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help runing out of time need help

tag
joejoejohnsen
Established Member

help runing out of time need help

Do to the housing market meltdown 2005-2008 left me in debt 1.7M I had to file Chapter 7 in 14 I got my discharge in July 2014 the next day I app for Cap One secure 200 CLI  in 6 mo to 500 also cap one Quicksilver one July 500 CLI  in 6 MO to 2500 august I app for discover deny Walmart deny Fingerhut approval 400 CLI  to 900 I waited 3 months app for auto loan in november with Capital One 7900 approval so now I waited two more months so my Capital One card would be 6 months old  thin in Jan  applied for the Southwest credit card  deny JCPenneys deny Barclay reward approved 1000 Barclay Apple approval 2000 now in february  [authorized user on Macy's 600 JCPenney 300 and Walmart 300] these three card is only 3 months old so what is my next move I need to crack 700 before my bankruptcy one year anniversary in july my utilization is between 3 and 10% is this enough with on-time payments for 6 months to crack 700 my score is now roughly 640 on all 

" height="75">
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: help runing out of time need help

700 within 1 year of a Ch 7 discharge?  640 now?

Sorry, but it isn't happening.

FICO8 current as of : 4-12-24 EQ: 724 TU: 702 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 2 of 6
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

I'm two years post ch7 discharge and still have a ways to go befor hitting 700. Six months is too short a time period for that goal.

Message 3 of 6
joejoejohnsen
Established Member

Well my 2 Barclay credit card have not posted their first payment yet once it post,  my score will go up right

" height="75">
Message 4 of 6
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

What exactly is it that you're running out of time on? From your title "help runing out of time need help" it sounds like you're about to be tossed out on the streets and/or into debtor's prison. From your post it sounds like the only thing you're running out of time on is how much new credit you can get in your 1st year out of BK. That BK is going to be on your CR for 10 years, the accounts you diuscharged in BK will be on your CR for 7 years. Rebuilding credit is a slow process requiring patience, it's a maraton, not a sprint race. You won't get back to 700 in one year, and you won't get back to 700 with that many inquiries and new accounts - lenders & credit scoring models want to see continued, lengthy on time payment history post BK, what they don't like to see is alot apps for new credit and a bunch of new credit accounts open too soon to rate.

Message 5 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Locked to redirect to duplicate thread.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/operation-760-need-help-what-s-next/m-p/379108...

In the future, please refrain from cross posting.  Thank you. ~Lexie, myFICO Moderator. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.