Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

help

I am new here although I have been reading fow a while.   I filed Chapter 13 in May & just had my 341 meeting Tuesday.  I checked Credit Karma this morning & 2 tax liens have shown up on my TU report.  One from 2013 & one from 2015.  I have no idea what they are from.  I have always filed my tax returns & always get a small refund.  How do I find out what they are?  Also had a hard inquiry pulled from Verizon that I didn't authorize, I'm with Tmobile & in good standing with them.  Any suggestions as to what to do about them?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: help

Dispute the inquiry that it wasn't authorized and they'll take it off. Call the county about your tax liens and make sure they're yours. You can always dispute them. I had a tax lien report on my credit that belongsto my sperm donor father for the tune of 120k. I called the county and verified it wasn't mine, and disputed to get it removed. Credit reporting is teported with three like items or similar items so if someone had the same name as you,  and lived in the same county etc there is a possibility it was reported to your credit instead of theirs. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, I plan to call the number listed on TU Monday to find out what the tax liens are, and send a letter to Verizon.
Message 3 of 8
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Can't they call their attorney to take care of this???

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The tax liens are for someone with same name as me who owns a floral shop. Can't find out how to remove them, I have filed a dispute with TransUnion.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great it's not for you!  If you've disputed them then that's the right step to take. I might suggest you see if they're also reporting on the other CBs and dispute there as well. It should be off your credit within 30 days since that's how long the court has to respond and to delete it.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

So far TransUnion is the only one that it is showing on.  Just frustrating that no-one can tell me who had the authority to put it on my credit report.  Tax Commissioners office says they don't have social security numbers that would allow them to.  Well...somebody did.  URG!!  My credit is bad enough without having things that don't belong to me on there.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit reporting can happen with 'like items' such as in your case it was name and county most likely.  My dads bad credit constantly reports on my credit because his name is the male name of mine,  and he uses my phone number on his stuff. It happens, that's why we're all told to monitor our credit.  

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.