Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

listing correct address

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

listing correct address

hi
i will be filing bk chapter 7 next month. i have several old cc debts that were sold over and over.

how do i list it on my bk forms?  do i include the original creditor and the collection agency?

also on my credit report, it only list the name but no address or phone #'s.

will my lawer do follow up to make sure all address are correct?  i ask because there are different address and ph # for same creditor on different credit reports..

any help advice ...thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: listing correct address

Answer to many question?????? Fill out the best you can do explain to your lawyer what has happen  he should take of the rest for you. From time to time he might ask you about diffent accounts to the best you can do. Four  more months and my CH 7 will be over it has been a long ten yrs.Smiley HappySmiley Very Happy
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

A good lawyer will ask for all 3 credit reports and get the information.  Its up to you to tell him about any other debts.  You really need to be **bleep** about this, so your not hung out to dry later.
Message 3 of 6
rizeninme
New Contributor

I listed every single creditor from all three reports- I knew that some were the OC's and some were the CA's for the OC's, but I didn't care. I was much more afraid of missing something that of duplicating something.

I also went through every piece of paper in my office, and every single bill that I could find I included those as well, especially if they were not at a collection agency. I left no stone unturned in this process because I didn't want anything to come back to haunt us after the fact, and nothing has.

I showed up with a mountain of papers to my attorney's office the day we did that part of the paperwork.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

rizeninme,

Should you have any judgments against you, make sure your attorney files a 'Motion To Void' them in your BK.

Our attorney dropped the ball and we didn't know that had to be done at the time to get rid of them. Now we are needing to reopen our BK to flush a judgment 
Message 5 of 6
rizeninme
New Contributor

That sucks!

We have had no problems- our attorney was awesome.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.