cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need a plan

tag
blackcats

need a plan

I saw the guide to get to 700 but I'm in a different spot.  Wondering if someone can weigh in on my situation.

CH7 discharge was at the end of August 2013.  At that time I had a car that was reaffirmed and has been paid on monthly, always on time (before & after bk).  As of today there are 4 payments left (yay!).  I also have 2 school loans (ttl around 8k) being paid on, which are current and have never been late.  I had actually cleaned up my credit report a few times over the years and almost everything is accurate on TU & Experian.  For the Equifax report I missed the security questions (from a loan almost 10 years ago!) so I have to mail in that request. According to this site my credit score is already 685.  My Chase Checking was never closed or frozen or anything.

I burned Discover & Wells Fargo mortgage.

I had 2 BOA mortgage accounts with my ex-husband that still show on my reports.  Both are legally the responsibility of my ex and not me per the divorce papers.  One account has a notice about the divorce judgement and has a late payment on it from 2009.  The other does not have a note about the divorce and was somehow included in the bk.  Are these significant enough to try and deal with?  I don't think either account is currently active.

Interestingly, I have a 0 balance 13 year old American Express still open!  I haven't used it in about 6 years.

Yesterday I was approved for my first cc post bk, a Capitol One (not secured).  Today I opened a CU checking & savings account.

At this point should I just use the cc a little monthly, paying it off as soon as the statement arrives?  And wait another 6 months or so until my next move?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
NancyLou
Established Member

Re: need a plan

You might have to take the ex to court to force him to remove your name from the mortgages he was ordered to take over. I can't think of anything else you could do.

I wish I had more to offer you. What did your BK attorney say about the mortgages? Did you include them in the filing? That should have absolved you of them. Do they show IIB on your credit bureaus?

3/4/2014 Score: EX: 576, EQ: 614, TU: 572 All from myFICO
12/12/2014 Score: EX - 629 (CreditSesame) EQ-686 (myFICO), TU - 599- 3/28/2014 (CreditKarma)
Goal Score: 700 on all three by end of 2014

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Filed Ch. 13 2/18/2009, converted to Ch. 7 11/19/1013, 341 Meeting Dec. 19, 2013, discharged Mar. 13, 2014

Following the steps in the How to: BK7 to 700 in 24 months or less

Step 1 done, signed up for Score Watch.
Step 2, approved for Credit One Card ($300 limit) on 3/14/2014.
Message 2 of 3
blackcats

Re: need a plan

Thanks NancyLou,

One of the 2 does show IIB.  I'm not sure if it got on there by accident (there was initial confusion about the mortgages) and the other was just missed somehow, or if my attorney specifically included it (and the other was missed somehow).  That said, my ex is really good with money and always had a really high credit score.  I'm not sure it's worth my time to get the other removed for just the 1 late payment several years ago.

I guess I'll just use the new card as outlined in the BK to 700 thread and then see how everything looks before making another move.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.