Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new line and bk7

tag
wissam
Contributor

new line and bk7

i am one week after 341 meeting and waiting until june 6 to my discharge date .'

i already applied for CITGO card by synchrony bank but was declined due to bk . 

creditone bank prequlifed me . i applied and they need to verfy some info by the mail . 

capital one did not pre quilfy me yet .

what else should i do to start rebuilding?

i burned synchrony with 7 cards . 

capital one with 1 card 

fidelty BOFA with 1 card 

amex 2 cards . 

target TD bank .

Nissan finance was included too . 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: new line and bk7

My advice, and I'm sure other would agree, is to wait until your discharge to apply. I checked Cap1's prequal after my meeting like you did and got nothing. Was nothing up until today when it showed me a preapproval for the Plat. I got it with a $500 SL and since Cap1 uses the same HP if you apply the same day, I tried for QS1 but was denied. Going to try and recon that and see what they say since I'm a month from my discharge date. My point being, give it some time because your BK isn't quite yet final until you get that discharge letter. Once you get that, make a plan on what cards you want to try for. Since you have an approval for the Credit1, use that wisely once it finally comes and build your history well with that while you dispute and update your CRs. That usually takes about 2 months from discharge. YMMV though depending on how much needs to be updated on each. Always remember, this is a marathon and not a sprint. Never be afraid to ask questions. Everything I have learned about credit was because I or another person asked it on here. This is a great community that help out everyone who seeks to better their financial future.

Message 2 of 5
wissam
Contributor

i have 4 credits cards still open and no balances on them . 

i am planing to start using them instead of applying for more

i have Nordstorm card 500$

firstone card 1000$

Bush card 1000$

Key jewlery 1000$ 

they are open since 2014 and i have no balance on them so BK did not burn them and it looks like they are surviving . i just called Nordstorm credit and request a new card even i burned Target card which same bank of Nordstorm (TD bank).

i opened aan auto loan also same day of 341 meeting i have approval for auto loan with credit union with rate 2.2.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly, I wouldn't consider any of them "survived" at this point. You are only a week out of your 341 meeting, with a month and a half to go before discharge. They probably just haven't figured out that you've filed yet. I would wait until 2-3 months after discharge.

Message 4 of 5
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Agree with all the responses...

I wouldn't be applying for any credit until discharged... and tacking on multiple inquiries to your report so soon after BK isn't going to make you look good at all.

As for the cards that have yet to be closed... I'd keep on eye on them because they most likely will be once the creditor gets word of the BK filing.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.