Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not sure what to do..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

not sure what to do..

Applied for Capital One card... but was denied.. Its been a year since the BK was dischared and I pay on-time for my Car... trying to finance a house next year... What to do now? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: not sure what to do..

I started with a secured card. That would get you a revolving line of credit reporting to the CRAs. I started with an OpenSky, but there are many others.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 8
Pway
Valued Contributor

I am assuming that you have no positive tradelines other than your car.  If Capital One denied you,I would open up a account at your local credit union and open a secured card.  They always say it is best to do rebuilding as soon as one is discharged. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I apply to Barkley ?
Message 4 of 8
krielly
Established Contributor

My first question is: Have you reviewed your credit reports and ensured they are reporting everything accurately? All accounts IIB, "0" balance, and no late payments reported AFTER the filing date?

If not, no more apping until you get your reports squared away.

K

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 5 of 8
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
Should I apply to Barkley ?

No. Barklay wants to see positive experience on other cc accounts before they will issue you a card.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have checked my credit report 6 months after discharge... 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Found the issue.. mortgage wasn't  reporting 0 in Transuion compared to Experian

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.