keem99

open credit cards after chapter 7

I filled bk chapter 7 feb 26th and discharged jun 3rd. some of my credit accounts are still open (amx, citi, macys, bill me later) my question is can i use them and what happens if i use them? i applied secured credit card (capone and such) got denied. my credit score (based on creditkarma and credit.com) are 684 transuninon and 654 expr.... i want to rebuild my credit....:smileyfrustrated:

Valued Contributor
0REDSOX7

Re: open credit cards after chapter 7

If you're discharged and they survived, then roll with it. Worst that happens is they cancel them later on - but if not, then you've got some good cards to rebuild with.

I would avoid asking for any CLIs though! At least for a few years.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Valued Contributor
ezdriver

Given that ALL debt is included in a ch7 bankruptcy per the bankruptcy laws, would it not constitute fraud for someone to try and use a tradeline, without the creditor's authorization, knowing that said tradeline is legally included in the filing/discharge whether or not it was listed in the debtor schedule?

Starting Score: 618
Scores on 10/9/13: EFX 652, XPN 669, TUC 662
Scores on 3/17/14: EFX 649, XPN 677, TUC 681
Goal Score: 720 ALL

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
keem99

I guess i will have to ask my lawyer to get his input on this. if filling chapter 7 terminates all the credit cards and their terms after discharge then the current open credit cards terms may be no longer valid and may need reaffirming. this is getting to complex. :smileysad:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}