Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with lawyer

tag
bbrentlinger
Regular Contributor

problem with lawyer

anyone have trouble with their bankruptcy lawyer?  We made our final payment back in November, finally received our certificate of final payment on 12/23.  and since then nothing.  In fact when i logged into pacer this morning this was there

Full docket text for document 63:
REMINDER: The objection to discharge deadline has passed and no Chapter 13 Certification by Debtor in Support of Discharge has been filed. At this time no discharge will be entered. The case will remain pending . (kkb)

This is not the first time they dropped the ball.  about our 3rd year in I was laid off.  asked about having our payments temporarily reduced and was told no we couldnt do that, even thoug our income was cut in half.  then I asked about converting and again i was told no.  Then He asked the court for more money.  We never saw any paperwork for this.  why???  because he sent it to our old address, even though he is fully aware of our new address because we bought a home and had to petition the trustee!  I have emailed and called several times and have gotten no answer.  I am so absolutely furious.  We are waiting to buy a newer vehicle for my husband, because his is not worth the money it would need to fix it.  and it is unsafe.

Do we have any recourse?  Is there ANYTHING we can do? 

Starting Score: EQ593 EX 633 TU 649
Current Score: EQ 593 EX 633 TU 649
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: problem with lawyer

Have you visited your attorney's office? If not, why not? Emails and phone calls are ok but there is nothing like face-to-face communications [old school so to speak] where you are more likely to get a response. Take your husband with you for support.

1. Contact the attorney's loacal bar association and ask for help in getting your attorneys attention.

2. Send registered letter to attorney [CRR] demaning a written response to your concerns.

Message 2 of 3
bbrentlinger
Regular Contributor

Re: problem with lawyer

The only reason we havent gone in is because we live in another city.  We moved during our Chapter 13.    Thank you for your suggestions.  I will do both if I do not hear anything back today.

This precisely why lawyers have a bad name Smiley Sad

Starting Score: EQ593 EX 633 TU 649
Current Score: EQ 593 EX 633 TU 649
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.