Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question

tag
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

question

When i filed bankruptcy in 2010 i was not behind on my car payment. although it is showing a 0 balance it is reporting "date of 1st major delinquency 10/2010. That's the same month they took the car. i even paid the nov. payment on it because my wife was on my checking account so they said it was her money too and she didn't file. also the car was in her name too. my question is should it be reporting a date of delinquency or not? Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: question

Message 2 of 10
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

It coincides with the discharge date. they never stopped taking the payments when i filed in july of that year.
Message 3 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I can move this to the BK board if you want.

I know some about the ins and outs of filing, reporting etc but, I don't want to steer you in the wrong direction.

Message 4 of 10
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Ok. Whatever you think is best. thanks
Message 5 of 10
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@randyrhodes wrote:
When i filed bankruptcy in 2010 i was not behind on my car payment. although it is showing a 0 balance it is reporting "date of 1st major delinquency 10/2010. That's the same month they took the car. i even paid the nov. payment on it because my wife was on my checking account so they said it was her money too and she didn't file. also the car was in her name too. my question is should it be reporting a date of delinquency or not? Thanks in advance.

From your post, my assumption is that the auto loan was included in the bankruptcy and therefore discharged along with you other debt. If that is true, the the debt should be reported as IIB with a zero balance. 

Was the auto loan in both your names? If yes, they can pursue payments from her. 

How was that November payment made? Did you write a check?

I don't understand why they would have repossessed the car if your waife was a co-borrower and she did not file for bankruptcy.

Some critical pieces of information are missing. If you can fill in the gaps, you will receive better feedback and recommendations.

Message 6 of 10
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Yes the car was in both our names as was the checking account. my wife doesn't work so we had it report on her credit to give her some good trade lines. My paycheck went direct deposit so they had access to the money beforw i did and since my wifes name was on the account they took the payment in her name. if that makes any sense.
Message 7 of 10
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@randyrhodes wrote:
Yes the car was in both our names as was the checking account. my wife doesn't work so we had it report on her credit to give her some good trade lines. My paycheck went direct deposit so they had access to the money beforw i did and since my wifes name was on the account they took the payment in her name. if that makes any sense.

What do you mean by "they took the payment in her name"? Did your write write a check? Were you making payments through direct debit from your checking account?

Its pretty moot really as that money was legitimately paid by a coborrower. 

Message 8 of 10
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Yes it was paid by auto payment. that's not my question. the account in my CR is saying date of first delinquency was the same momth my bankruptcy was discharged. how do i have a major delinquency??
Message 9 of 10
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Only the auto loan company can answer your question. Since you bailed out on the loan, they may be considering that a delinquency. The actual date used cannote be explained here. Maybe they considered the Oct payment having been made by your wife and not you. Yes its funky.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.