Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"A BANKRUPTCY STORY"

tag
getrdone1
Valued Member

"A BANKRUPTCY STORY"

i have told my story on here before and there is more to add...not more in the sense of past old information, but about new information...i have finally reached an almost perfect score only a little over a year after my bankruptcy has fallen off my reports..i think my score is higher now than it ever was but i don't know that for sure as i didn't have to check it many moons ago...with my transunion sitting at 844, equifax at 839, and experian at 834, and all about to go up a little more soon due to some inquiries aging, i feel that i have accomplished my goal...about 15 new accounts in the last 2 years and maintaining a high score,  i now see a need to tell others that it really doesn't end there.. i am still constantly wondering what else i can get and what else can i do to get  a few more points or a few more cards and  not negatively affect my score..               it seems as though it has now become a compulsion to do the right thing almost every day... i have CCT and check it daily even when i am not expecting any changes to my profile or my scores...i find myself looking over and carefully calculating what cards i might get to improve my overall well being and increase my chances of getting ......getting what??????  i don't really need anything now...i was living soo long without credit that i got used to only living within my means and doing without non essential things.. so why do i need credit now ???    and so much!!!! I have a $2.00 balance on one card and a $44.00 savings secured loan balance and thats it...I have learned that it is good to know that you can have something if you really think you need it...i think that if I knew then what i know know  that i would not have filed for bankruptcy....even though it was a lot of money and i mean a lot,  most would have been past the statutes...only one bank  filed and got a judgement for 5k... thats it!!!...most of the rest went away...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                I did and still do advise getting a lot of credit in the early stages of rebuilding whether you are just coming out of bankruptcy or a newbie, by securing, paying annual fees or whatever other means available to obtain that credit....don't waste a lot of credit pulls on banks that want to run a bunch of inquiries to get one card....and diversify in choosing banks...don't put all your apples in to one cart per say "if at all possible"...a strong rebuild after hard times will go a long way later on..OH!!!! don't take "NO" for an answer...not because you deserve credit as a lot of people think they do....but because you have learned a valuable lesson and it will not happen again....right??!!! just a few thoughts i had and thought i would share.....i owe a lot to this site for the information i have received and have used.....i do a lot of research before i make credit decisions now, and i do a lot more calculating and writing all the good and bad of each decision...things do change...don't worry about what will be out there later....don't feel pressured to have it all right now...i still have some low limit cards that i use for internet transactions and i really don't want them all to grow...esp if they require a hp...or that i have a high line on a store card i really don't use that much...save it for a good card...i'm done for now....hope it helps someone...

DINERS 30K...AMEX BCE 30K....BBVA AMEX 20K...NASA 20K...PENFED CASH 10K...ALLIANT REW 20K...PNC POINTS 17.5K...PENFED PLOC 15K...PENFED PLATINUM REW 40K...FIFTH THIRD 15K...BARCLAY REW 11.6K...CAP ONE VENTURE 13K...SALLIE MAE 12K...CHASE FREEDOM 7.5K...DISCOVER 35.5K...QUICKSILVER 11K...QUICKSILVER 9.4K...NATIONWIDE 10.8K...SPORTSMANS GUIDE 6.8K...EQ-850, TU-850, EX-849...BK OCT 2005...NO NEW CARDS IN OVER 2 YEARS!!!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "A BANKRUPTCY STORY"

Were you 7 or 13?  I am SO looking forward to the day mine falls off!  September 2018!

Message 2 of 6
getrdone1
Valued Member

it was chapter 7....

DINERS 30K...AMEX BCE 30K....BBVA AMEX 20K...NASA 20K...PENFED CASH 10K...ALLIANT REW 20K...PNC POINTS 17.5K...PENFED PLOC 15K...PENFED PLATINUM REW 40K...FIFTH THIRD 15K...BARCLAY REW 11.6K...CAP ONE VENTURE 13K...SALLIE MAE 12K...CHASE FREEDOM 7.5K...DISCOVER 35.5K...QUICKSILVER 11K...QUICKSILVER 9.4K...NATIONWIDE 10.8K...SPORTSMANS GUIDE 6.8K...EQ-850, TU-850, EX-849...BK OCT 2005...NO NEW CARDS IN OVER 2 YEARS!!!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the success and thank you for sharing!

Message 4 of 6
Scupra
Super Contributor

Wow, those are some amazing scores!!! Congrats on such a solid rebuild and thank you for sharing.

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 5 of 6
Creditbuilder36
Frequent Contributor

Aww thanks for the words of encouragement I can't wait till
Mine falls off as well
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.