cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reafirmed debt

tag
BryGuy1

reafirmed debt

I have a debt that I reafirmed in my bk but have not got a bill or heard from them since. Should I be concerned and contact them?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

Re: reafirmed debt

it takes time, mind if i ask what the debt is. I have heard of credit issuers refusing to reaffirm.

Message 2 of 11
BryGuy1

Sounds silly to reaffirm this debt but I dont owe much and have paid on it for quite some time. It was a kirby I got suckered into buying.
Also re afirmed a couch from get it now. I owed 350 on it and paid 1800 for it. Didnt want to throw that all away. Either way I have not heard from either of them since the bk. Im just worried that I might be missing the payments and that they could be reporting negative info to the beareau's. Is it in my best interest to just contact them?
Message 3 of 11
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

not exactly 100% on the legalities here but if i remeber right they can not contact you during the stay whatsoever, that  being said you are more then welcome to initiate contact with them.

Message 4 of 11
FHF

I almost got suckered into buying one of those. Luckily I checked ebay and saw the true cost. Was able to cancel and get the same model for 1/4 the cost. Great vacuums, a little heavy and hard to change to tool mode.

Message 5 of 11
BryGuy1

I ran my reports today and it shows as "included in bankruptcy."  Should i assume i dont have to worry about this any longer.  What if they call me asking for payment?

Message 6 of 11
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@BryGuy1 wrote:

I ran my reports today and it shows as "included in bankruptcy."  Should i assume i dont have to worry about this any longer.  What if they call me asking for payment?

Soemthing does not add up. You stated in your original post that you reaffirmed thia debt. Now you post that is was included in the bankruptcy. Obviously you did not reaffirm the debt as you thought you did. You have been relieved of the legal obligation to pay that debt.

Message 7 of 11
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Don't rely on your credit report for BK info.

Contact your attorney to see if the reaffirmation agreement you signed was accepted by the creditor, approved and signed off prior to your discharge.

Or, if you don't want to contact your attorney, download your file from PACER.gov to see the actual status of your reaffirmation agreements.

Message 8 of 11
BryGuy1

all i can say is that i filled out the reaffirmation agreement and gave it to my lawer durning the bankruptcy.  I ran my reports today and it says that it was included in the bankruptcy.  Im confused.

Message 9 of 11
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

The best way to know for sure is to download your file from PACER.gov

It will show which, if any, of your reaffirmation agreements were accepted by the creditor. You need a record for yourself anyway. If the reaffirmations are not in your PACER file, contact your attorney for an explaination,

IMHO you would be better off to not have reaffirmed, but if it is done then you need to keep paying so you don't default on the newly reaffirmed debt.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.