Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reporting after BK ?????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

reporting after BK ?????

I have 3 credit cards that are still showing as open collection items on my credit.  They are all with HSBC.  I only had 2 cards with HSBC. I have disputed them to be updated as IIB and all came back verified.  I called HSBC and the person I spoke with said they would remove the one that showed up as it's not my account.  Guess we will see if they really do remove it.  For the other 2 he said that they are mine (which they are) but because they were charged off and sold before my BK they are being reported correctly and they (HSBC) wouldn't be the responsible party to update showing IIB as they no longer own the debt.  The company that bought both the credit cards are completely removed from my credit report (arrow financial).  My question is HSBC correct.  Can they still report as charged off and show a past due balance because it was before BK or should they be shown as IIB accounts with $0 balance and 0 past due ??  If they are reporting wrong and I have disputed and HSBC verified then what.... My bk atty said she would have my reports corrected for me but it would cost me $150.00 and I don't want to pay her any more $$ if I can do it myself... They both show the same just different acct #'s and balance's..

Account Name: HSBC BANK
Account Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Account Type: Revolving
Account Status: Paid
Monthly Payment: -
Date Opened: 12/2002
Balance: - $0
Terms:
High Balance: - $3600
Limit: - $0
Past Due: $641
Payment Status: Chargeoff or Collection
Comments:  Dispute resolved - consumer disagrees Amt Past Due Value is Charge Off Amt 

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.