Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rude awakening today

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: rude awakening today

What happens is that you start whining about them, then you judge them as unfair, then you do something like ignore them when they must be paid, and then bad things happen to your credit file that then affects you for seven years....

In the end, school loans are evil. I get that. School loan bankers are evil. No argument. But also, they also MUST be paid. This is the reality of your situation. So, you are acting in a human way, but it isn't serving you well at this time.

Back when I was in college, I would and did pawn something in your shoes. Do you have anything around a thousand dollars in value to get a 300 dollar loan on? As an employer, I have advanced wages in the past, though I prolly wouldn't do it now. Imagine this as life and death and get it paid. Well, maybe not that dramatic, as I wouldn't want you robbing the local convenience store...

There is, of course another side of this. I have read anecdotal tales of allowing them into default, the settling them for less than face value. Whatever you do, you should proceed purposefully and with a plan, rather than letting the situation poke your emotions and you go off half-cocked. 

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

well normally if i have 30 days notice of a bill... i can come up with funds to pay a bill that i can afford.

unfortunately i was unemployed until about a month ago since late last year and had difficulty finding work and suffered an injury that made me unable to do anything for 3 months... hence the financial mess and bankruptcy.

before all this mess i made very good income and bills werent something i worried about at all. in fact at one point i had my rent paid 3 months in advance and my car insurance paid in 6 month chunks at a time.

unfortunately when you have little to nothing to your name from selling everything off already to float till a new job opportunity is there and injury is healed... youre kind of stuck.

at this point all i have are some clothes and used shoes and am staying in a spare room at my friends.

i dont have any assets that are in my name paid in full i can sell.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Was your loan in default before your bankruptcy?  Or was it current? 

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

it was current.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you laid it out for the co-signer....
Perhaps, they may want to take care of this sooner than later....then settle up with you personally down the line
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah i ended up taking out a lendup loan they approved me for 200 bucks and then squared up with balance and everything is reporting as current now.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

so i escalated this to wells fargo executive office and guess what...

THEY ADMITTED THEY WERE WRONG.

they reversed the past due and told me that due to the system giving an error of the payment registering 1 penny under the current due, it cause the system to only pay one loan.

so all the stress and bs was for nothing.

they disputed my credit dispute 3 times with experian also about the automatic stay period and are now honoring it as current not and no 30 day late fees.

its amazing how badly i was mistreated and accused by them up to this point.

and had to make the double payment 48 hours out of a discharge.

thankfully it was all fixed, but i can see why they are constantly getting sued and accused of fraud.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job!  

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.