cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some items are dropping from bureaus after ch7 discharge?

tag
map85

some items are dropping from bureaus after ch7 discharge?

what should i do if certain accounts still show under OPEN if they should've dropped after my ch7 discharge?

only thing that should've stayed is my 100% on time payment car installment loan.

please advise.

FICO® Scores
EQ 623
TU 669
EX 628
... as of April 26, 2014
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RedHairedLady
Established Member

Re: some items are dropping from bureaus after ch7 discharge?

What do you mean by they should have dropped off? A bankruptcy won't erase your bad accounts on your reports. They'll be listed as IIB, included in bankruptcy, and they'll stay on your reports until they are obsolete, usually 7 years from the date of first delinquency.

Now, two of the credit bureaus, I believe Equifax and TransUnion, will delete any pre bk payment history, for IIB debts, after discharge.
Message 2 of 8
map85

thank you for the clarification...

should i start disputes with tu and eq to have them delete my pre bk payment history if they are still listed?

what else can one do to bounce back other than get secured credit card?

FICO® Scores
EQ 623
TU 669
EX 628
... as of April 26, 2014
Message 3 of 8
RedHairedLady
Established Member

You just need to make sure everything that was discharged is reporting as included in bankruptcy. The two bureaus that will delete the pre bk history, for discharged items, will automatically do it once the items are listed as IIB.

Have you already gotten a secured card? If not, the Capital One secured is a good one to start out with. I was approved for a $200 secured Capital One in mid March, with a $49 deposit. I applied for an unsecured Capital One on Friday, and was approved with a $1000 limit.

My Chapter 7 was just discharged at the end of February.
Message 4 of 8
RedHairedLady
Established Member

Get a secured Capital One if possible, then wait a month or two, and app for a unsecured Capital One.
Message 5 of 8
map85

@RedHairedLady wrote:
Get a secured Capital One if possible, then wait a month or two, and app for a unsecured Capital One.

my ch7 was discharged in nov and i now have a secured with 1k with 1 statement paid off in full, when should i apply for that unsecured? you got approved for a nice amount even when your secured credit available was low... wow.

FICO® Scores
EQ 623
TU 669
EX 628
... as of April 26, 2014
Message 6 of 8
RedHairedLady
Established Member

Yep, I was floored! I had to read it twice to be sure of what I was seeing, lol. I included two Cap 1 cards in my bk, so that made it even more of a shock! Plus my FICOs aren't high, only around mid to high 500s.
Message 7 of 8
RedHairedLady
Established Member

Map,

I'd try for an unsecured Cap 1 now, if I were you.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.