Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

there is hope, hang in there guys

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

there is hope, hang in there guys

I files for BK7 June 19, 2014 due to my divorce, found this forum in Febuary of 2015.  I read alot, too  ashamed to contribute, start rebuilding my credit around that time when it was 558.  I'm so happy and proud today when I check my fico score.....705.....Can't wait until June to start hunting for a home to call my own.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
KnowMoreGrowMore
Regular Contributor

Re: there is hope, hang in there guys

Welcome to the forum! I know the sting of shame, but also the proud feeling of rebuilding with a great team.

Congrats!! And best wishes on your new home search!

FICO 08 TU: 722 EX: 724 EQ: 728 May 2018
INQs: TU:1 EX:0 EQ:1
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the forums. I understand your feelings, but remember, those of us who hang out in the channel have been there too. You must have done something right to get to over 700. Care to share some of your hints and tricks?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure if there are any tricks that I did, pretty much just read the credit card forum and applied for a bunch of them, keep the balance low, I have a balance on 3 out of 10 credit cards, my utilization is around 5%, I pay them off religiously, almost every 2 weeks when I get paid and put everything on it.  I also took out a loan for a car loan which I think help my score further.

to be honest with you, when I start out in Feb 2015 I was hoping for 640 at best, I'm just happy and suprised that it got up that high, my score rigth now:

TU: 683, exp: 705 and eq: 712.

Message 4 of 6
hpotterfan77
Regular Contributor

Excellent progress! Way to go!  And don't worry, those of us in this forum have been through it or are going through and there is no shame in it.  Sometimes things just happen. 

Starting Scores (9/19): EQ - 474/TU - 528/EX - 502
Current Scores (09/22): EQ - 617- TU - 638/EX - 647
Comenity M/C - $6730.00, BJs Perks MC - $2800.00, Credit One - $1200.00, Credit One - $800.00, NFCU -$6300.00, Care Credit - $5000.00, William Sonoma - $3500.00, Overstock - $4100.00, Pottery Barn - $2000.00>
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!  I know for myself, this community has been invaluable.  I felt ashamed when I file for CH 13 due to divorce.  It was like a double whammy to the ego - marriage failed, had to file CH13 because she filed CH 7.  This community has really helped me get to better mental and financial place.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.