Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update on bk process

tag
Luftty
Established Member

update on bk process

Well as some of you may know i filed on 8/8/14, meeting of creditors happened on 9/814

On the 8th of this month the first 30 days passed, and something strange happened on this weekend.

My mortgage co stoped reporting inmediatelly after i filed on 8/8/14 and received no statements since, till yesterday on saturday I received my first statement.

Now I have been on time on my mortgage all this time, but today in the morning i received a interesting email from fako website credit karma informing me that

an item started reporting again. To my surprise it was my mrotgage company that reported not only my last payments on the first of this month, but also retroactivelly from 8/8/14!!!  my fako score jumped 70 points almost fell off my chair. i am almost at 670 now on fako.

I know that as CCs start reporting 0 balances the score goes up slowly, since i was at 550 when the file hit the reports and slowly started building as CCs reported new balances so i was at high 500's

I did not reaffirm anything, so i know it will dump once it discharges.

I have not received a discharge yet, nor expect one till at least 30 more days.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

Re: update on bk process

Don't be surprised if this changes after you discharge.

If your mortgage does continue to report post discharge and they still send statements, it is a violation if the Bankruptcy Discharge Order an can be charged/penalized.

Side note - CK was often 75/100 points higher than true FICO for me during the BK process. Smiley Happy
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.