cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

us bank platinum offer

tag
jdw97702

us bank platinum offer

Hi first time posting here but been reading these forums for a while. I should start by saying thanks for all the awesome information here.  My backstory .... at 18 years I completely screwed my credit up. Fast forward im 32 years old now and finally filed bankruptcy.  My discharge is due by September 3rd. 

So my question finally which I probably already know the answer to from all the information on this website.  I have received an offer for a us bank platinum card. Been with us bank for 10+ years. Was just surprised to see an offer from them. I still have things falling off so my score isnt the best. 570 from what ive seen with 9 things still showing a balance. Should I just throw this offer away and wait a bit or should I give it a shot? Thanks for the advice. 

Jon

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Re: us bank platinum offer

Offer to apply/pre-approved != Approved

Wait until your discharge and then follow the 7 to 700 thread...  If you take shortcuts, you'll wind up with worthless inquiries, crappy limits the rest of your life, or worse.  My advice? Bin it!

-SM

Writers Note: For those of you who don't understand programming lingo, "!=" means "does not equal".

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 2 of 5
jdw97702

So toss it so far? Maybe I should add in that I did burn capital one for 200 dollars in my bk7. Perfect payments up to the bk. 

Sad thing is I loved capital one .

Message 3 of 5
Scupra
Super Contributor

@jdw97702 wrote:

So toss it so far? Maybe I should add in that I did burn capital one for 200 dollars in my bk7. Perfect payments up to the bk. 

Sad thing is I loved capital one .

Yes, toss it.. Lots of people on here burned Cap1 and got back in after 6 months of history I think, hopefully someone can help me with this as I did not burn them. Here is the thread SM referenced so you can get to reading Smiley Happy Wait until discharge to open anything. Good luck!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bankruptcy/UPDATED-HOW-TO-From-BK7-discharge-to-700-in-24-months-or-...

Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 5
SoulMaster
Established Contributor

Yeah, I burned C1 in my BK for about $2K.  Got my new one right on target w/ the timeline in the guide.  Current limit: $3K.

-SM

I am not an attorney and none of what I write should be construed as legal advice. For legal advice please consult an attorney.

Starting Score: ~470 preBK(8/2010)
Current Scores as of Late January 2016 All 700+. Last CR pull from a lender(housing) was mid-score 749.
Goal Score: 700+ - reached.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.