Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

waiting on Chapter 13 discharge

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

waiting on Chapter 13 discharge

Good eveni ng

Here is my situation:  Finished payment onChapter 13 in July.  Was informed that I owe 54.20. Paid that in August first week. Received first copy of claim order back in July. Was told then two weeks. Now, have received amended copy. and I have asked politely about what the next step would be.

Up until Wednesday, no response. I got phone call from mortgage company, I stated what was going on and she mentioned that my attorney should have been informing me of the process involved. Questions I have asked both the trustee office and mortgager, they both have informed me that my attorney should know the answers and should be talking to me.   No, she is not. Her responses have been in all captial letters, very unprofessional. and this has been the entire three years.  I have been polite,respectful throughout. Additional background information. I have been in a rental car since last September based upon the attorney's recommendation because I have no means of transportation to my employment.

Questions please. Since my case will not close until Sept. 27th, does this mean that I still have additional time to wait?  First it was July, then August now September, possibly first week of October.( I work part time in Northern VA, live in Southern VA. Must commute, no van pools during my hours.)

Second, I cannot get a vehicle..Auto dealers will not even look my way until I get dischargepapers. Yes, I have purchased "clunker" car, that only lasted two weeks.

Have begun modification of mortgage- September first payment.  Will this delay cost me my home?  What can I do?  Especially with an attorney who has pretty much dropped me off.  Can I ask the trustee to allow the purchase of vehicle?

Thank you

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
CreditBob
Established Contributor

Re: waiting on Chapter 13 discharge

I had a prior chapter 13 bankruptcy. I had to wait about three months after the final payment to get my discharge papers. They do that so the trustee makes sure that your case file is closed. be patient you will be there soon. And hopefully you have reestablished credit starting with secured cards & loans.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.