cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will ews and chexsystems hinder me from getting CL and Bank Accounts?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

will ews and chexsystems hinder me from getting CL and Bank Accounts?

Just wondering if anyone knew if it will be impossible to get credit lines and bank accounts with ews and chexsystem. Just received my discharge letter 12/29/2014

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: will ews and chexsystems hinder me from getting CL and Bank Accounts?

@Anonymous wrote:

Just wondering if anyone knew if it will be impossible to get credit lines and bank accounts with ews and chexsystem. Just received my discharge letter 12/29/2014

If you have entries in Chex send them a letter demanding removal of them along with a copy of your discharge. Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
Taoron
Frequent Contributor

Here's a letter I sent them after I ordered a copy of Chexsystems report and they cleared it.

July 22, 2014

ChexSystems, Inc.
7805 Hudson Road, Suite 100
Woodbury, MN 55125

Fax: (602) 659-2197

To Whom It May Concern:

My bank has informed me that there is negative information reported by <blank> included in the file Chexsystems maintains under Consumer ID: <blank>. Upon ordering a copy of the report, I see an entries for various banks I have had in the past. (list reported bank accounts)

I filed for bankruptcy chapter 7 on <date>, and had it discharged on <date>.

Please validate this information with the attached bankruptcy discharge papers. I am requesting the removal of these items per your policy, please. Would you also please provide me an updated copy of my Chexsystems report showing removal of said items. Thank you!

My contact information is as follows:

<name>

<address>

Sincerely,

<name>

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. Will do. What about a  false report of "suspected fraud alert"? What needs to be done about that? Do Credit Card companies look at this?

Message 4 of 7
Pway
Valued Contributor

Credit card companies do not look at your check systems report.  If there is a false fraud alert placed on your profile it will hinder you from getting instant approvals when applying for credit.  I would contact the credit bureaus or check systems and they will need to confirm your identity.  Maybe by faxing or sending documents confirming your identity and removing the suspected fake fraud alert from your profile.  

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 5 of 7
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Still reading up on the difference between the two but will this letter work for EWS?

@Taoron wrote:

Here's a letter I sent them after I ordered a copy of Chexsystems report and they cleared it.

July 22, 2014

ChexSystems, Inc.
7805 Hudson Road, Suite 100
Woodbury, MN 55125

Fax: (602) 659-2197

To Whom It May Concern:

My bank has informed me that there is negative information reported by <blank> included in the file Chexsystems maintains under Consumer ID: <blank>. Upon ordering a copy of the report, I see an entries for various banks I have had in the past. (list reported bank accounts)

I filed for bankruptcy chapter 7 on <date>, and had it discharged on <date>.

Please validate this information with the attached bankruptcy discharge papers. I am requesting the removal of these items per your policy, please. Would you also please provide me an updated copy of my Chexsystems report showing removal of said items. Thank you!

My contact information is as follows:

<name>

<address>

Sincerely,

<name>

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pway wrote:

Credit card companies do not look at your check systems report.  If there is a false fraud alert placed on your profile it will hinder you from getting instant approvals when applying for credit.  I would contact the credit bureaus or check systems and they will need to confirm your identity.  Maybe by faxing or sending documents confirming your identity and removing the suspected fake fraud alert from your profile.  

My brothers CC app from NFCU was denied because of his chexsystem report.  He had written some checks that bounced at a different bank where his account was closed etc.  It is still unsettled, but nothing shows on his credit report. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.