Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wow, NFCU really is crazy good.....

tag
grassfeeder
Frequent Contributor

wow, NFCU really is crazy good.....

So, I just joined NFCU last week....I have absolutely zero balance in any of the 2 accounts and no history with them what-so-ever.

I figured I'd give it a shot and apply for one of their credit cards, given that's why I wanted to join anyway.

approved.  $5k right off the bat and 12.4% + prime for the cashrewards card.....can't believe it.  I thought I was asking for the world with $5k and apparently not.

I'm crazy excited.....now to just use this thing sparingly and see if I get some CLI love in a few months.  I really want to get to $10k

just excited, nothing else to see here....carry on with your day....I, am going to go pour a beer now!  Smiley Happy

Fico 8 Scores 5/1/22 :
799 EQ | 793 TU | 809 EX
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ChistineNJ
Frequent Contributor

Re: wow, NFCU really is crazy good.....

Thats GREAT! Gives me lots of hope when i put some mileage on my bk
C1 Venture 15K| NFCU NAV CHECK 15K| CASH REWARDS 5K| CARE CREDIT 3K| NORDSTROMS 1K| LORD & TAYLOR 1100| WALMART 600| TargetRed 500|Rebuilders

CAP1 1650| CAP 1 1100| BARCLAYS 2500| NREWARDS 8500|
SCT: VS 1100| EXPRESS 1100| JCREW 250| *HIDDEN TL BML 650

SCORES 709, 657, 623
Pre BK scores: 569, 587, 553
Message 2 of 4
shols44
Frequent Contributor

@grassfeeder wrote:

So, I just joined NFCU last week....I have absolutely zero balance in any of the 2 accounts and no history with them what-so-ever.

I figured I'd give it a shot and apply for one of their credit cards, given that's why I wanted to join anyway.

approved.  $5k right off the bat and 12.4% + prime for the cashrewards card.....can't believe it.  I thought I was asking for the world with $5k and apparently not.

I'm crazy excited.....now to just use this thing sparingly and see if I get some CLI love in a few months.  I really want to get to $10k

just excited, nothing else to see here....carry on with your day....I, am going to go pour a beer now!  Smiley Happy

Great job! I've mentioned this strategy a few times. I feel its better to wait a few months while other accounts mature before pulling the trigger on NFCU. It results in a higher limit card off the bat. The problem with applying right away is you have a chance of a toy limit or a secured card that needs 12 mos to graduate! 

Congrats!

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 3 of 4
grassfeeder
Frequent Contributor

@shols44 wrote:

@grassfeeder wrote:

Great job! I've mentioned this strategy a few times. I feel its better to wait a few months while other accounts mature before pulling the trigger on NFCU. It results in a higher limit card off the bat. The problem with applying right away is you have a chance of a toy limit or a secured card that needs 12 mos to graduate! 

Congrats!

you're 100% correct....and i'm really glad this all played out like it has.  I think I'll use this heavily (all monthly expenses) and PIF each month through the rest the year and request a CLI.  That will take me just over one year post-BK.  May also look to refi my car come next February/March (one year on current loan) with them.

Fico 8 Scores 5/1/22 :
799 EQ | 793 TU | 809 EX
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.