cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100k point RSVP for Amex Business Platinum card: Sorry this offer is no longer valid??

tag
ninjacookies
Valued Member

100k point RSVP for Amex Business Platinum card: Sorry this offer is no longer valid??

So I got the mailer a couple of days ago for my personal business directly from Amex to apply for their platinum business card for the 100k points (for 10k spending in first 3 months) special offer.  Got the mailer no more than 3 days ago.  Applied today with the special rsvp code, and the website told me 'offer no longer valid?'

Wat.

How can this be when they JUST sent me the offer, and it was direct from Amex?

Would it have mattered if I had already applied for and been approved via RSVP for the Amex sky blue cc just a little over a week ago?  Does that automatically nullify any other amex rsvp codes for the same account holder on a different card?

Pretty bummed out, if anyone has a similar experience please let me know, thanks!

starting score: 558 3/2010
current scores: TU 674 EQ: 714

Goal: 750+
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Re: 100k point RSVP for Amex Business Platinum card: Sorry this offer is no longer valid??

Grrrr.

I just took the 75k offer on the Gold for spending $10k in 4 months.

But that woulda been sweet for you. 

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 2 of 29
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Re: 100k point RSVP for Amex Business Platinum card: Sorry this offer is no longer valid??

But I don't think it mattered that you had the Blue. They don't overlap. But you can always call and find out. The 75k offer I took was only open for 4 days.

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 3 of 29
ninjacookies
Valued Member

Ahh, thanks for the info.  I think I may have missed the train then.  That REALLY sucks, was looking forward to this! Perhaps next time Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 29
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Don't give up just yet.  Check your mailer.  Whenever I've received offers from Amex like that, they have stated an expiration date on the offer.  If it says it's still valid, call them and ask them to honor it.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 29
myjourney
Super Contributor

Just to be safe

I thought one of mine was expired but it was actually case sensitive Just a thought...so make sure the letter is a capital letter

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 29
ninjacookies
Valued Member

Well, now don't I feel stupid! Myjourney THANK YOU! It was the case sensitive issue...it goes through now.  Wish me luck, going to apply...hopefully won't get rejected! I want this offer so bad Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 29
myjourney
Super Contributor

@ninjacookies wrote:

Well, now don't I feel stupid! Myjourney THANK YOU! It was the case sensitive issue...it goes through now.  Wish me luck, going to apply...hopefully won't get rejected! I want this offer so bad Smiley Happy

Good luck thats a great deal

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 29
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

I received the same offer just today.  But, to the shredder it went, as i'll no longer do business with Amex!

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 9 of 29
ninjacookies
Valued Member

Well, unfortunately my joy was cut a bit short.  After clicking 'submit' on the application, 60 seconds later it greeted me with this screen:

Thank you for your application for The Business Platinum Card From American Express OPEN and any Additional Cards you may have requested. We have processed your application but we need more information before notifying you of our decision.

Thank you for choosing American Express.

And that's it?  No 14 days or we'll contact you or anything?  Not sure what this means or if it's bad, anyone have any experience?  : /

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.