cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100k point RSVP for Amex Business Platinum card: Sorry this offer is no longer valid??

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: 100k point RSVP for Amex Business Platinum card: Sorry this offer is no longer valid??

@ninjacookies wrote:

Well, unfortunately my joy was cut a bit short.  After clicking 'submit' on the application, 60 seconds later it greeted me with this screen:

Thank you for your application for The Business Platinum Card From American Express OPEN and any Additional Cards you may have requested. We have processed your application but we need more information before notifying you of our decision.

Thank you for choosing American Express.

And that's it?  No 14 days or we'll contact you or anything?  Not sure what this means or if it's bad, anyone have any experience?  : /

That's actually good news 

It means because its a business card they are checking to make sure it is a legal business

They don't do instant approval on business cards to my knowledge

Call them

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 29
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Re: 100k point RSVP for Amex Business Platinum card: Sorry this offer is no longer valid??

awesome! Good luck!

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 12 of 29
ninjacookies
Valued Member

I would have thought the same thing Smiley Sad Except I found the amex 'check application status' link here on the forums and it already said that I was 'declined' for this card.

I'm guessing that really means I'm declined and there's no chance it will get approved a little while down the road?  I just don't understand why I wasn't instantly rejected during the application, but not more than 5 minutes later it says declined :shrug:

starting score: 558 3/2010
current scores: TU 674 EQ: 714

Goal: 750+
Message 13 of 29
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

go to the pinned topics and look under backdoor numbers. there is an app status number. 2nd one down....I think. Just call.....could be something minor. I just did it the other day. needed to verify address

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 14 of 29
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

call and talk to someone

Message 15 of 29
ninjacookies
Valued Member

Thanks very much for all the help Smiley Happy Will do.

The thing that gets me, is that in the 'business address' and 'home address' fields on the application process, the system limits you to 20 characters max? What the heck? So I couldn't fit my full address in there no matter what, even with abbreviations.  Left out the 'dr' part, so don't know if that would have anything to do with it.  In any event, thought that was a very odd thing, and I didn't get that with the amex blue sky application.

starting score: 558 3/2010
current scores: TU 674 EQ: 714

Goal: 750+
Message 16 of 29
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

just curious. did you call this number: 

800-567-1083 (App Status - Use with caution if attempting a denied app recon; have been advised by one member that they can only resubmit app with another hard pull)

that's from the backdoor list. it's the one I meant. I got right to a live person the other night.

Message 17 of 29
myjourney
Super Contributor

@ninjacookies wrote:

Thanks very much for all the help Smiley Happy Will do.

The thing that gets me, is that in the 'business address' and 'home address' fields on the application process, the system limits you to 20 characters max? What the heck? So I couldn't fit my full address in there no matter what, even with abbreviations.  Left out the 'dr' part, so don't know if that would have anything to do with it.  In any event, thought that was a very odd thing, and I didn't get that with the amex blue sky application.

Call its not over yet ....They like to speak with business owners or the person authorized to apply for credit

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 18 of 29
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

myjourney,

the poster hasn't responded since i posted that number. Hopefully he/she is on the phone gettig this cleared up. I'm waiting to see any news myself!...Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 29
myjourney
Super Contributor

@ztnjpv wrote:

myjourney,

the poster hasn't responded since i posted that number. Hopefully he/she is on the phone gettig this cleared up. I'm waiting to see any news myself!...Smiley Very Happy

Cool they moved his thread so I lost OP for a minute Lol 

Hopefully a call resolves it 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.