Reply
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 7,225
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: 100k point RSVP for Amex Business Platinum card: Sorry this offer is no longer valid??

I got an instant approval on my business Amex app...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Business-Credit/Approved-for-my-First-Business-Card-Whoo-hoo/m-p/177...


I think I read somewhere that the business platinum requires revenues over 1M. Amex used to have a card selector tool where you could plug in your business revenues and it would hi light the cards within the criteria...

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 27,465
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: 100k point RSVP for Amex Business Platinum card: Sorry this offer is no longer valid??


webhopper wrote:
I got an instant approval on my business Amex app...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Business-Credit/Approved-for-my-First-Business-Card-Whoo-hoo/m-p/177...


I think I read somewhere that the business platinum requires revenues over 1M. Amex used to have a card selector tool where you could plug in your business revenues and it would hi light the cards within the criteria...

Thanks webhopper thats good info to know

+ Chase ink =




Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,067
Registered: ‎11-02-2009
0

Re: 100k point RSVP for Amex Business Platinum card: Sorry this offer is no longer valid??


webhopper wrote:
I got an instant approval on my business Amex app...

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Business-Credit/Approved-for-my-First-Business-Card-Whoo-hoo/m-p/177...


I think I read somewhere that the business platinum requires revenues over 1M. Amex used to have a card selector tool where you could plug in your business revenues and it would hi light the cards within the criteria...

Do you mean revenues over 1M to get an instant approval, or over 1M to be approved at all?  I would be shocked if you couldn't get a business platinum with less than 1M revenue.


Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 937
Registered: ‎07-24-2012
0

Re: 100k point RSVP for Amex Business Platinum card: Sorry this offer is no longer valid??

I was approved for my Business Gold Rewards with revenues of less than 1MM. I selected $500,000 to $999,999 as a very conservative number at the time. I was offered an upgrade about 4 months from the Gold to Platinum Business and accepted. At the end last year revenue was above 1MM but they still don't know that figure. I'm guessing their revenue figure is much lower that we think for the approval process. 

 

Someone can follow my path if in doubt and seek and upgrade after a few months of usage - or just apply for it as I should have done. 

Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 7,225
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: 100k point RSVP for Amex Business Platinum card: Sorry this offer is no longer valid??

I agree with scenery guy. I got PRG personal card in January and had an offer to upgrade to platinum by end of march.

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 633
Registered: ‎02-10-2013
0

Re: 100k point RSVP for Amex Business Platinum card: Sorry this offer is no longer valid??

FWIW, it took 10 days for my AMEX Biz Plat to be approved (for a well known company with good revenues).

 

I don't know if they instantly approve business charge cards (I don't have any experiences that say they don't), but I was instantly approved for all personal cards with AMEX.

Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 7,225
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
0

Re: 100k point RSVP for Amex Business Platinum card: Sorry this offer is no longer valid??


rlx01 wrote:

FWIW, it took 10 days for my AMEX Biz Plat to be approved (for a well known company with good revenues).

 

I don't know if they instantly approve business charge cards (I don't have any experiences that say they don't), but I was instantly approved for all personal cards with AMEX.



Good to know! Thx for sharing


Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!



Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Member
Posts: 49
Registered: ‎06-08-2011
0

Re: 100k point RSVP for Amex Business Platinum card: Sorry this offer is no longer valid??

Just wanted to update this thread, and sorry for the delay!

 

Unfortunately, no dice...and it had nothing to do with minimum company revenue requirements.

 

At the time they drew my Experian score, it was 716 : /

 

 

Unfortunately, I think my 2 extremely recent credit card openings really hurt me...PLUS I was boneheaded and applied while one of my cc's was at 90% utlization...should have payed it down first. 

 

They said the score, plus recent inquiries, and me not having a long history with Amex (JUST got their blue card 2 weeks ago) lead to their decision. 

 

And I'm fine with that.  With these 2 recent cards, I have no doubt that I can build up my score quite quickly, and will re-apply again in another 6 months or so.

 

Thanks again to all the replies!

starting score: 558 3/2010
current scores: TU 674 EQ: 714

Goal: 750+
Highlighted
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 27,465
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: 100k point RSVP for Amex Business Platinum card: Sorry this offer is no longer valid??


ninjacookies wrote:

Just wanted to update this thread, and sorry for the delay!

 

Unfortunately, no dice...and it had nothing to do with minimum company revenue requirements.

 

At the time they drew my Experian score, it was 716 : /

 

 

Unfortunately, I think my 2 extremely recent credit card openings really hurt me...PLUS I was boneheaded and applied while one of my cc's was at 90% utlization...should have payed it down first. 

 

They said the score, plus recent inquiries, and me not having a long history with Amex (JUST got their blue card 2 weeks ago) lead to their decision. 

 

And I'm fine with that.  With these 2 recent cards, I have no doubt that I can build up my score quite quickly, and will re-apply again in another 6 months or so.

 

Thanks again to all the replies!


Sorry didn't workout but you know what they want now so that's a positive 

+ Chase ink =




Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.