1. Considering Amex is letting you continue to charge, I assume maybe you are making multiple payments? but either way I can't imagine being underwritten (whatever that means for amex, your taxes for the last year?) would hurt you.
2. and might be a great time to add yourself to the list or get yourself pushed to the front and offered the centurion!
3. out of curiousity why not push everything through the plum? doesn't that earn more than the gold?
4. and if not about earning more and centurion is really what you are interested in, you need to be platinum first I think and you already have one, so why the gold again for your charging?
oh sorry missed the personal is the platinum vs the gold is the business.
I would do the underwriting if they want to do that and give you a nice limit that works!
I think you have to give up some of the points and upgrade to platinum if you want the centurion offer.... not sure many that have asked to be added to the list are spending a million!
i don't know if there is better use of the points, but I use to trade them in for amex gift cards to give as employee bonuses or to buy other things as bonus... statement credit, hotel gift cards, etc... not sure your business but i mean you could trade in for TV's if you wanted... who knows, dont' think you really earn more than standard redemption no matter how you use them so you my as well use them vs possibly loose them
Do you think that I need a business plat before going to a centurion ?? I thought they just care about spend. I am willing to go ahead with the underwriting just waiting for my accountant. I also see people spend alot more than I do, in the millions and still never get an invite. Was just trying to find out if anyone else had any luck ??
As for the points redeeming for Amex gift cards stinks... The value is horrible. I wish they had better store gift cards..
It's been a long time since I have seen anyone get offered the centurion and I guess you are right, I know a business spending over $500k with no offers and the primary card is platinum so....
Yeah.. To me if I get a centurion I basically have met most of my credit goals... I would still debate getting it even if I could Cus of the fees. But I guess I'm just over my head I'm nothing special just a lil person that makes no difference to Amex.
that would be a great use of your points, trade in for statement credit to pay the AF! LOL
1. I never tested my limits on my plat- but I know it's like around 40k. Gold card - 100k and plum - 35-40k. The cards are NPSL but this is what they are confortable to let me charge until they call and say make a payment. They have 2012 taxes returns but my accountant is still preparing 2013 returns. Will be ready by the end of the month we had filed extensions. They stated get underwritten will be allow the business to be pre approved for a set Amount no matter what and will not be based on the personal credit or like the NPSL.
2. If I just am getting added to a list with a maybe future invite. Why waste my time ? I don't see anyone really getting invites when they ask to be on the list.
3. Our plum is like 2 months old..lol the gold has the biggest Internal limit. And we charge the most on it. Honesty I like the gold better the plum is confusing...lol the membership points stink though I have over 600,000 and don't know what to do with them...
4. I heard that you just need to spend over 250k. I have a personal plat and a business gold. I don't care I will be cool with a business centurion... I can't run all business expenses through the personal plat..plus gold card gives me more points...
Travel? Transfer to partner airlines and hotels.