Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Frequent Contributor

AMEX Approval.... NO HP?!? huh?

I always thought or from what I've learned on here and with past experience with my other AMEX accounts, it's a HARD PULL if approved and SOFT PULL if declined, right? Well, apped for the Business Blue Plus but declined due to max number of revolvers allowed. No credit pull. So, I decided to get the Business Gold Rewards with 50K MR points. First, application never showed up on the online application status check. I figured it was declined due to no credit pull from Experian. It took about 5 days to get a response from AMEX that I was approved, THEN the application showed up on the online status check. It's been about 11 days, still no credit pull fom EX. I did notice I have a new FICO Score on AMEX website at the time when I apped for the Gold Rewards. All my previous AMEX cards were shipped via UPS and I'd get a notification when it's mailed and it's usually within the following day from approval. This one came in regular mail, which was fine. And even before I got the card, they already enrolled me with Pay Over Time with $35K limit. 

Is this something new? My EX FICO is now at Very Good level at 741 after staying for months at Good with 639. Regardless, I am very thankful with AMEX. 

Re: AMEX Approval.... NO HP?!? huh?

Congrats on the Business Gold approval.  The no HP for new applications for existing customers has been going in for a while now and many of us have been approved for a new card with no HP.  It is great that they are using their recent SPs for new applications.

Regular Contributor

Yep. I was approved for the SPG Sunday and never got  a hard pull. Loving Amex...

10/4/17 EQ-729 TU-746 EX-719 From $900 available credit to $99,200 in 9 months. It's been a fun ...
Frequent Contributor

Ahhh.... Thanks, Irish. Somehow, this is the first time this happened to me. But, I'm glad.

Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Congrats!

ps. I was approved for the BCE 3 weeks ago - still no HP.

Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor
0 Kudos

Thats great! Nice job on the approvalSmiley Happy
(BK7 d/c-08/2013/FICO-400's) ~ 07/2017 FICO 08- EQ-669, TU-676, EX-681
Scores being held down by tons of INQ/New acts Smiley Wink
Established Contributor

Congratulations GTC471 on the approval! Question do you know if this card reports to your personal credit reports? Or just acts as a strictly business TL? 

FICO 08 Scores:// 10/18/2017 TU:// 737 EQ:// 738 EX:// 764
Inquires TU:// 10 EQ:// 12 EX:// 15
Total Utilization:// 3%
Total Revolving CL:// $371,700k

bruisedcredit wrote:

Congratulations GTC471 on the approval! Question do you know if this card reports to your personal credit reports? Or just acts as a strictly business TL? 

It does not report to your personal credit reports unless you default.

Established Contributor

Okay Thanks Irish for this information. I keep getting a 50,000 points in my offers when I log on to my account so it's pretty tempting to say the least.

FICO 08 Scores:// 10/18/2017 TU:// 737 EQ:// 738 EX:// 764
Inquires TU:// 10 EQ:// 12 EX:// 15
Total Utilization:// 3%
Total Revolving CL:// $371,700k
Valued Contributor

congrats - they gave me my most recent card without a hard pull as well. Seems to be more common lately.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.