Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Approval.... NO HP?!? huh?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Approval.... NO HP?!? huh?

Is there any rhyme or reason to this recent phenomenon? I've had my eye on the BGR for some time but was hestitant to take the hit on my inquires. 

Is there a way to find out if AMEX would do that on my account? Do you have to have a preappoval? 

@Anonymous wrote:

congrats - they gave me my most recent card without a hard pull as well. Seems to be more common lately.

Message 11 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Is there any rhyme or reason to this recent phenomenon? I've had my eye on the BGR for some time but was hestitant to take the hit on my inquires. 

Is there a way to find out if AMEX would do that on my account? Do you have to have a preappoval? 

@Anonymous wrote:

congrats - they gave me my most recent card without a hard pull as well. Seems to be more common lately.

No idea why they are doing this now and no there is no way of knowing for sure that they will do it for you ahead of time nor do you need to be preapproved.

Message 12 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No idea why they are doing this now and no there is no way of knowing for sure that they will do it for you ahead of time nor do you need to be preapproved.

Hey, you won't hear any complaining from the peanuit gallery though.  I just got approved for the Amex Lowes for my side business.  Rental houses and fixer uppers.  No hp for me and no tradeline reporting on personal file.  Double win.

Message 13 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the replies. Maybe I'll take the gamble and go for it. 

Message 14 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last question, when you applied, did you call, or just do it online? 

Thanks! 

Message 15 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! 

Can only answer for myself but I applied online as I assume most others did as well. My g/f did as well and has received no HP either.  No need to call.  Go ahead and apply, it's easy and I'm sure that you'll be approved.  

Message 16 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! 

Can only answer for myself but I applied online as I assume most others did as well. My g/f did as well and has received no HP either.  No need to call.  Go ahead and apply, it's easy and I'm sure that you'll be approved.  

Thanks Irish, 

Been reading around some other topics and now I am considering a revolver vs the BGR. I have the BCP with a 20k CL, and my other Amex cards are not revolvers, but have had hefty spending abilities. You still confident about that approval? Anyinsight on that? 

I was just thinking it might be nice to have a hidden TL, revolver with no AF like the Blue Plus, or SImply Cash... 

Message 17 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! 

Thanks Irish, 

Been reading around some other topics and now I am considering a revolver vs the BGR. I have the BCP with a 20k CL, and my other Amex cards are not revolvers, but have had hefty spending abilities. You still confident about that approval? Anyinsight on that? 

I was just thinking it might be nice to have a hidden TL, revolver with no AF like the Blue Plus, or SImply Cash... 

What is your EX score?  Blue Plus is a great card.  Hard to beat 2X MR on every purchase.  It really depends on whether you spend a lot in one category for the BRG and can get tons of points in a 3X category and whether you might need to carry a balance from time to time.

Message 18 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just read your signature.  If your EX is above 800, apply and don't look back.

Message 19 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! 

Thanks Irish, 

What is your EX score?  Blue Plus is a great card.  Hard to beat 2X MR on every purchase.  It really depends on whether you spend a lot in one category for the BRG and can get tons of points in a 3X category and whether you might need to carry a balance from time to time.

The score Amex is showing me and MyFico is 818. 

Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.